I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Monday, August 20, 2012

More From the West Coast

Here's the rest of our trip to California!

I guess these two pictures should have been on the last post. Logan wouldn't really ever go to Natasha, so I bribed him with another roll (don't those look delicious? Go me!) if he'd go sit on her lap.
 Logan and Andrew watching TV. Don't they look like they're having a good time?
 On Tuesday we took our second trip to the beach. This time to "Paradise Cove." There were much less people and it was again a beautiful and warm day. Of course, the water was still cold!

Logan doing his part helping taking all of our stuff to the beach. I didn't realize as a child how much work it takes to play in the ocean!

The first 45 minutes or so Logan didn't want anything to do with the beach. He kept saying the water was going to get him (our first day at the beach the tide kept getting higher and we had to move our stuff back several times. I guess that stuck with him.) I eventually got him to play in the sand.
 
 
It was also Blake's 5th birthday. He was so excited to celebrate it in California!


I was the only adult who would get in the water. It wasn't the best beach for boogie boarding, but I tried!



 This is how the girls took a rest after hard playing in the water. Nice warm sand! They buried each other too, but I didn't get any pictures of that.



 Our final morning in California we chilled for quite awhile before we got going. The kids got some toys out of the garage and went at it.

 By far his favorite toy at the house.

 We went to a rec center type pool, the same one that we missed out on on Monday. They had so much fun. As usual. :)





 Not a fan once he got to the stick. I got to finish it!
 He discovered these toys the final night. Of course. Why is it that other kids' toys are so much cooler than your own? He played with these for forever, and he plays with his for like 2 seconds.

 AND....the drive home. Not quite as peaceful and easy as the one there, but still pretty good. Logan had a few melt downs, which only candy, Blue's Clues, and holding Mommy's hand (while driving...fun) could settle him down. But we did make it.

This picture is very deceiving. I thought we might actually get a nap out him this time (didn't nap at all the way there) but it didn't happen. A LONG 12 hours.

Logan likes to make up songs and sing and Miri decided to join in. Such beautiful singing!

The after effects of the sucker we gave him to calm him down.
 He thought it was pretty cool! (He's looking in the mirror in case you can't tell.)
 And finally.....home! The whole way home when we told him we were going home he would get upset and say "I want to go to Natasha's house!" So I tried getting him excited about it by telling him he was going to see Daddy. Same reaction. I knew when we pulled up to the house he'd get upset, and the second he saw it he started crying and wanted to go to Natasha's house. He wasn't too excited to see Daddy, either (luckily I'd warned him.) But the poor kid was tired, as you can tell. A week of no naps and 12 hours in the car will do that to you!

Throughout the whole trip Logan and Miri were hilarious with each other. Arguing like a bunch of grown ups sometimes. Like on the way home Logan had asked me where Miri's dad was. I said he was at home. Then Miri tells Logan he's at work. So they keep going back and forth. "No, he's at home."  "No, he's at work." All. Week. Long. It really was so funny. Logan sure is easy to antagonize.

Here are a few more pictures that I stole from Trista through the whole week.

Thanks Trista for inviting me on such a fun trip. We had a blast!

1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

I love Logan's singing! Love your posts! Love all the pictures!