I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Utah State Fair!!!

For the first time in my life I went to the fair (minus that one year when I went to a concert that was there....LFO I believe it was. "Summer Girls." Oh yeah!). And I had so much fun. I've mentioned going to Jeremy probably every year, but he has very strong feelings against fairs. So when my friend mentioned going, at half off no less, I was on board.

We first visited the lemurs. Who were crazy active. They've always been so docile at the zoo whenever I go, but boy were they moving and jumping around. It was so fun! I went to get my camera but they were kicking everyone out for a show that we didn't stay for. Oh well.

And then of course we saw all the animals. I have to say in the "Beef" barn I was looking at those cows feeling a little guilty about how much I love beef. But, I love beef. And that's that.




 Christian kind of wasn't loving this goat being so close to him.

 
 I love this headlock Wes has got this one in. Ha ha.
 This cow was getting a buzz cut. I told Logan he needed a haircut and asked if we should ask if he could be next. The guy heard me and took a step or two towards Logan. I thought it was hilarious. Logan. Not so much!

 Ah. What a sweet picture!
 245 lb pumpkin. Wowza. (Yes, I just said that.)

And after sitting in a ridiculously small part of shade we made it over to watch the "Olympic" divers. It was pretty cool. Especially the part where the guy jumped from 80 feet up into 10 feet of water. I was seriously all kinds of worried!




 Yep. 80 feet up.


Laura decided to take Brady home and the rest of us went to the big yellow slide. Logan's been a bit of a daredevil lately so I was confident he'd be excited to go down this. HA! But I did convince him. And it did go a bit faster than I thought it would and he was a little scared, but it was a lot of fun, too.




Then Megan left and Mandy and I let our kids ride 1 ride.

Wes and Ev rode the Monster Trucks.

And Logan rode the carousel. On the blue horse. 


Then I went and got me some frozen lemonade. And the second I got it I realized I wanted the Fresh Squeezed stuff. (Um. Duh!) I was so mad the rest of the day. How often can I get fresh squeezed lemonade? I guess it's to the fair next year!

Thanks for all the fun friends!

2 comments:

Laura Cates said...

I'm glad you posted this-I was hoping to steal some pictures for my blog. Sounds like you and Logan lived it up while you were there! Sorry I was lame and didn't let Brady go on the big yellow slide! That's why I'm often referred to as a nap Nazi!

Julie/Mom said...

I think Jeremy's lack of love for fairs comes from us. We are not fair lovers!:) But it sure looks like logan loved it.