I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Healing Fields

We visited the Healing Fields again. I love that it's so close! When we got there we were a little disappointed because there were only about 1/4 of the amount of flags that there normally are (click to see pics from last year.) But I guess this year it almost didn't happen at all, so I tried to just be grateful we could be there. There were enough to enjoy the beauty  of our flag and to remember what it means and those who died on September 11. But I guess you really only need one flag to be able to do that, right?

Laura and Brady joined us. Dave was out of town and Laura was a little worried about us not wanting her to be a third wheel. But honestly, sometimes I think Jeremy maybe becomes the third wheel. ;) And of course, Logan gets super excited when he gets to "play" with Brady.







 They put this statue up last year on the 10th anniversary of the attack.



 The cutest boys you ever did see!


 Oh Logan! This is kind of how he runs. I say it's embarrassing, but really I love it. He swings that arm and concentrates so hard. And he thinks he's running so fast when he's really not even moving much faster than he walks. I LOVE it.


 Not quite as many flags, but still pretty amazing.

 The walk back to the car.



Funny side story...... Being the scatterbrain that I am (it really is really annoying to be me sometimes) I left our camera bag on the ground by the statue. Jeremy went back to get it around 10 minutes later and when he walked back to us he wasn't carrying it. I started to worry that he hadn't found it, but he had. But apparently some older lady, a former cop, had found it and since Jeremy didn't know that I had our little camera in it as well, she wouldn't give it to him because if he didn't know that was in there, how did she know it was really his? (Um, maybe the fact that he went over there looking for it and he asked her point blank if it was hers because it looked an awfully lot like the one he had lost?) He was so bugged, so I went over there and found our camera bag next to a lady alongside (I would assume) her backpack. I told her that it was my camera bag, and she asked me what was in it. And when I told her, she gave it to me! (Imagine that!) I told her that it was my husband who had talked to her before, and she said she just needed to make sure it was ours because she used to be a cop and blah blah blah....(don't remember what she said.) She was an interesting character I tell you. And it was a funny ending to our great night.

No comments: