---May 16---
We made our way back to Disneyland on Thursday, again taking advantage of our Extra Magic Hour. And we spent the first part of the day in Fantasyland. It was all about Logan! The first ride we went on was the Peter Pan ride. Even though Logan had no idea who Peter Pan was (I realized on this trip how few Disney movies Logan has actually seen. Not something I'd usually give a second thought to....) he loved it and thought it was so cool that the boat flew! Then we continued to make our way around and Logan was in heaven. I had heard that a lot of kids are scared of the story rides (Pinocchio, Snow White, Mr. Toad) but luckily he wasn't. He was especially excited to ride on Dumbo. Again, a movie he hasn't seen but, come on, what kid doesn't want to ride in a flying elephant?
In line for Peter Pan. (Don't mind that big belly taking up half the picture...)
While Jeremy waited for us to ride Dumbo (darn that weak stomach of his) he made friends with this duck who had no problem making himself comfortable right next to him.
On the Storybook Land Canal Ride.
He was pretty excited to go inside the whale.
Teacups!
We went on them with our friends the second time around. Logan and Nathan really wanted to spin a lot. I think it might have been a bit too much for Terri.
Trying to pull the sword out of the stone.
And the dreaded ride.....It's a Small World. But to be honest, I loved it. (I've been to Disneyland before, but I was so young I don't remember a thing. So this was kind of a first time visit for me, too.) Yes, the song is annoying, but I loved seeing how they represented all the different parts of the world. And it was fun pointing out to Logan the Africa part and telling him that's where Grandma and Grandpa Lombardi are.
I don't know what it is about the hand in the mouth when he's excited.
I had to get a picture of us in front of the castle.
And we may not have pictures, but don't think that we didn't go on the Buzz ride again. And again. And maybe again! (Autopia, too.)
After dinner and changing into some warmer clothes, we made our way back to California Adventure so we could experience the wonder of the World of Color show. It started at 9:15, just after the park closed. And for those who know us, you know we are pretty big sticklers on bed time with Logan. And even though every night was a late night, this made it a SUPER late night. But I didn't care. We wanted him to see it. And I was SO glad we did. He LOVED it, and so did I. It really was amazing. It's amazing how people are able to take something as simple as water, add some color and music, and make something so breathtaking. And I found myself glad that we don't have the best camera so I wasn't trying to take pictures of it and Logan the whole time. I could just watch and enjoy.
We had some time to spare when we got into the park so we made our way to the Toy Story ride. Logan's other favorite. And the great thing was that because the park was close to closing, the ride wasn't as ridiculously long as it normally is. 25 minutes as opposed to 45. :) (Sorry for the blurry pictures; they were taken with our crappy phone.)
The Ferris Wheel all lit up.
And finally, the World of Color!
Because I didn't have many pictures of the show, I stole some from the internet. Look how beautiful. (Watch some clips on YouTube. It's not in any way close to being the same, but it gives you an idea.)








No comments:
Post a Comment