I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Another Hospital Stay :(

In the beginning of October we took another little visit to the hospital. Those are always fun. NOT. Yet again Logan woke up having a hard time breathing. It's always so sad to see him so lethargic and having to take a breath after every one or two words. That's when you know it's bad. When he can't talk.

So we went to the ER, unfortunately we got there just after Koy left. It would have made it a lot easier for Logan if Koy had been there I think. It wouldn't have been so scary for him if he'd known his doctor. But we got through it. After an hour long breathing treatment Logan started breathing better, but it didn't last as long or stay as strong as the doctors would have liked, so that meant more breathing treatments. And a hospital stay. Boo. I was seriously hoping we'd be able to stay away from that, especially since his oxygen level was fine. It definitely took Logan some time to get used to all the medical contraptions around him and the "smoke" being forced into his face (breathing treatment), including some serious screaming. But he did, and if you ask him about it now he says he liked the hospital because of all the toys!!! Silly kid.

After dealing with this problem so many times, we finally have an OFFICIAL diagnosis. No more guessing or being told that "we don't like to diagnose people so young with asthma." It's asthma. Exacerbated by colds. And usually tends to occur with dramatic changes in weather. Oh joy. So we have a controller medicine that he takes in the morning and night, and Albuterol to give him if we start to see any symptoms. I'd like to just give him the controller forever to avoid these hospital visits, but his doctor said that we'll probably take him off of it again in the spring (he used it all last winter, too) because kids can grow out of asthma and we won't know if he does unless he's off of it.

But he was a trooper. Love this kid. And of course, so did the nurses. They couldn't get enough of his eyes. I can't blame them, though. I still can't and I've been around them for the last almost 4 years.






1 comment:

My 4 Gooches said...

Poor, poor baby. It's nice that you actually have a diagnosis now, though. Hang in there, buddy!