I came up with a number ten for all you who think that saying "That's all folks" or the likes for #10 doesn't count (I am one of those people). I went to Barnes and Noble for lunch and read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn....yahoo! I am so excited and I can't wait! I do feel a little bad for Jeremy though because it comes out less than a week before our anniversary, which means he will be getting ignored. But, I guess there really is no need to feel bad as I will most likely have it finished by the end of Saturday (the day it comes out), and if not then for sure Sunday. Yep, I'm a nerd...

And I wonder what all of you think about the cover. Checkmate? Is Edward the "king"? Is Bella the red pawn, or is it Jacob? Or is Jacob the "king" (if this is true, I will most likely burn all of my books as that would be the worst possible ending). What do you think?
10 comments:
I hope Bella makes the right choice and picks Jacob and then that Jacob kills Edward. That would be the perfect ending to the series as far as I am concerned.
You are not the only one that would burn books if Bella doesn't end up with Edward. I really like the cover, but like you I am not usre what it may mean.
I just read a spoiler and this is how it goes. Bella has to kill Edward. That is the reason for the RED pawn. Because she is under the love spell that Jacob the KING has placed on her.
OK, you know Jacob won't be the king. But that would be a rockin' ending!
OK, you know Jacob won't be the king. But that would be a rockin' ending!
Eh, there's no doubt she'll end up with Edward (each book ends with the two of them together), it's just a matter if Bella turns into a vampire or not. It's a stretch, but I think they will find some way to make Edward mortal again.
As far as The Host - I thought it was better than the Twilight novels. I found that the theme of 'what does it really mean to be human' more intriguing than her discussion of romance and true love in the Twilight books. However, I have always been drawn more to SciFi than Fantasy, so that must have something to do with it as well. I rather like that she ended up in a fragile body - making it easier for other groups of humans to connect with her and accept her more readily than if she were in a strong, dominating body. Like Meyer points out in the end, it's impossible for people not to touch her. So the more fragile body alows for her to touch other people's lives.
Anyways, that's my two cents and although I might have liked the Host better, I still can't wait for Breaking Dawn!!
Okay, even though I love Jacob, I'm 100% positive that Bella picks Edward. I think people would have heart attacks and try to kill Stephenie Meyer. She realizes that risk she would take, should she pick Jacob. Don't fret. There is no way it will be him. I'll bet my life on it.
I like the cover, but also know that Stephenie doesn't pick them. Someone else does. So I wouldn't read too much into the cover.
Whose comment got deleted?
I think Jacob and Edward should get married and Bella should find a real man.
Edward is definitly the KING. I like the cover and can't wait for the book to come out. I am glad you went and read the first chapter, now I have some one to talk to about it. Yeah! I think Bella is the pawn for the sign of red a symbol of blood. I wonder if it is a sign that Edward rules and gets his way. Bella no vampire, Marrige, and ect Hmmmmmm?
Post a Comment