I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, December 18, 2008

All in a Night's Work

So, this is the last week I've had to do Christmas stuff before we head out to California. SO, it's been a busy week, spent mostly in the kitchen... (I haven't exercised once this week. YUCK.) Anyway, below is a picture of everything I cooked on Tuesday night. Yep, 15 loaves of Almond Poppy Seed bread and about 30 chocolate mint cookies. It was a bit crazy, and that bread recipe isn't extremely easy to double. Anyway, the bread was given to a few of our friends and will be given to some great people at work.
However, I do want to apologize to those who got these sunken in loaves. They don't look very good. But they still taste yummy!

And Wednesday night I made another 8 loaves plus the delicious chocolate oreo things I talked about a few weeks ago (I call them "Wad," and if you've seen the movie Accepted, you'll know why.) YUMMY. They are just as good as I remember. Below is step by step of how to make it. I was extremely tempted to keep it to myself and have it be "those amazing things that Cameo Bell in building C makes." But, since it's the season of giving I guess I'll share.

First of all, the only three ingredients you'll need are a package of oreos, an 8 oz. package of cream cheese (I used fat free and it still worked, so they're not too bad, right?....), and about 10-12 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate.

First, the oreos need to be ground into fine crumbs. I put them in the blender.

And when that didn't work because I put far too many in the blender at a time and the Oreos were still COOKIES, Jeremy pounded them with a meat tenderizer. (He's so sweet to help me.)

Then mix the cream cheese with the crushed oreos. Leave about 1/4 cup of of the crushed oreos for later. Doesn't that look divine?

Then roll that extreme goodness into little balls.

Melt the baking chocolate.

And roll the balls completely in the melted chocolate. (A hint that I found [after I had finished, of course] is to refrigerate the balls before rolling them in the chocolate so they are firm and keep their shape better.) Then sprinkle some crushed oreos on top and refrigerate. TA DA!!! Seriously, these things are GOOD.

And now, after 3 loads of laundry, some present-wrapping and gift-making, it is time for bed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Mmmmm yummy! Those look so good! I can't wait to try em! When are you bringing them?? :)

Candice said...

Thank you so much for the bread. Im pretty sure i got home last night at around midnight and by 7 this morning it was gone! So YUMMY!!!

Linds Forrest said...

Hey Cameo it's Lindsey (Jacobs) Forrest. I just wanted to say hi, and also that I am going to try that oh so fabulous oreo recipe. I have never heard of such a treat and they look divine!! I hope you and your hubby have a good Christmas!

Angi Gerrie said...

Those oreo balls look absolutely delicious! Do you remember when we were crossing guards and Mondays you would bring leftover breadsticks from your house for us to eat? I think about that all the time... those were so yummy.

ali-dot-e said...

The almond poppyseed bread was YUMMY! Thanks for thinking of us...you are great! Have fun in Cali!