I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ten

1. Trina and I dropped off the Angel Tree gifts we had gotten. The lady who was at the table was pretty awesome; this special needs guy walked by us and she completely recognized him and knew him by name even though it had been 10 years since she had worked with him. Then she started crying a bit after thanking us for bringing the gifts. She obviously cares a lot for other people and I just thought she was awesome. We had picked a 62 year old man off the tree and I asked her about the situation for him. She said in order for the elderly to get on the tree they have to be in a nursing home and get absolutely no visitors, EVER. It makes me grateful for the awesome family that I have.
2. Friday night we had an adults-only night out to celebrate November 30 and December birthdays since none of the birthdays are kids’! We went to Texas Roadhouse …YUMMY. It was a lot of fun. I have more pictures just not on this computer.

Having fun with the camera

Aww, aren't we cute?

Gina, as one of the birthday people, got up on the saddle as we gave her a Texas Sized "Yee haw!"

The South Salt Lakers

The new parents.

3. Afterwards we went to my parent’s house to talk, give presents, play games and surprise them with a celebration of their own. They paid off their house!!! So Gina made a cute cake for them. Congrats Mom and Dad! 4. Saturday morning Jeremy studied while I did some cleaning and went to a few stores.
5. Then we were able to babysit Sabrina and Blake while Trista and Terry hung out with some friends. The kids slept over because we were more than willing and Trista doesn’t like waking them up when they are already sleeping. Everything was PERFECT until midnight and Blake decided he didn’t like sleeping in a strange place. We hope our neighbors didn’t hear him crying!

Before we went out to see the lights.

On our way to see Christmas lights (Eagle Mountain was pretty disappointing). This kid loves the camera. Sabrina helping uncle Jeremy set up the tent she would sleep in.

They loved playing in the tent. I know the lighting or camera work isn't great, but just listening to them laught is justso cute!

Static does great things for the hair.

Trista forgot to pack him pajamas. He's in one of my shirts. We did find one with a smaller neck.Aww. This is how we found him in the morning. I love his little footsies!Blake helped us realize how not kid-friendly our house is. He had to sit on phone books to be able use the table. What a cutie.Sabrina wanted to hold Blake's hand in the car. What a good big sister!

6. Sunday morning we went to Dave and Amanda’s church for Wesley’s baby blessing (yep, with the kids). He is such a cute baby! Congrats again guys!
7. Sunday was pretty busy. After nap time, we took the kids back home and had dinner and played Pictionary with Trista and Terry. We lost; I’m not the best guesser apparently.
8. Then we made a stop at Koy and Cassie’s to help Cassie with Photoshop for my parents’ Christmas card and I had the best dessert/candy thing. Oh my gosh it was heaven.
9. Jeremy put a few lights outside on our balcony. We had decorations inside but not outside. I absolutely love Christmas!!!! And I am loving the Christmas music. My favorite Christmams CDs are Celine Dion’s and Clay Aiken’s.
10. This is Jeremy’s last week of school for the semester. I will be glad to have him back for a few weeks, but he’s being a bit of a pessimist. He’s not too excited because he knows it’s not over for good. Oh well, I’m happy enough for the both of us!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

this is my blog and you put me in only one picture. In the wise words of Michelle Tanner "how wrude"

Trista said...

I didn't forget to pack him pajamas--he just kept taking them out!
And I guess I need that dessert/candy thing recipe from Cassie.

Erin said...

Phew! I'm tired just reading about your crazy busy week! What a great aunt you are to have a fun tent sleepover and everything.

Tell your parents congrats on paying off the house...that's awesome! We only have uh...26 years left?? Yeah baby!

Kerri said...

I have both those Christmas CD's also and love them.