I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This thing has traveled faster than anything I've ever seen before! If you are not on/never check Facebook, you don't know what I am talking about, which is why I am putting it on the blog as well. It's just a little list of things about me. It's kind of fun but not quite as easy as you might think. Those last five were hard to come up with.

1. I can’t stand water spots on my bathroom counter. I have to wipe down the counter in my bathroom after the water is turned on. Every time.
2. When I go to bed, I always start out lying on my side even though I know sleep only comes when I am on my back.
3. It is physically impossible for me to get up to my alarm. Only when I have to get up for something EXTREMELY important can I wake up. Other than that, Snooze gets pushed no less than three times. And it doesn’t help to set my clock ahead, because my brain knows.
4. I absolutely love the show Gossip Girl. It is my ultimate guilty pleasure. And I feel the need to share that I am extremely mad at Dan right now, I literally yelled at him last night…
5. I drink 3 liters of water a day at work. My trusty Mr. Darcy (yep, I named my water bottle and that is his name) is my constant companion. Sometimes I end up drinking four liters by the end of the day. This does not always go well with a thirty-five minute commute.
6. I have never gotten over my love of the Backstreet Boys or infatuation with Brian Littrell (born February 20, 1975 in Lexington, KY. Yep, that’s right; I know and remember that kind of information.) They will always be my favorite.
7. The times on my microwave and stove MUST always be the same. I can’t stand looking at two clocks that are right by each other and seeing different times, which may be why I don’t spend too much time in my bedroom (can’t touch Jeremy’s clock)….
8. I have a major sweet tooth. In my mind, there should ALWAYS be dessert after dinner, and there’s nothing wrong with it after lunch (I do draw the line at breakfast.) Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t share this same passion. Oh, and most of the time it doesn’t count if it’s not chocolate.
9. I don’t really have a dream home, but I know what specific rooms I would like: theater room, exercise room, and ESPECIALLY a library; just a room full of books and a comfy chair. That would be incredible. Sometimes I’ll stay up all night (literally) reading.
10. I never played with Barbies or watched Sesame Street.
11. I love food and everything about it; the look, the smell, and of course the taste. Jeremy’s not the only reason I try to make dinner every night. I just don’t feel right if I don’t eat a warm, fresh meal. I blame/credit my mom for that (thanks Mom!)
12. I physically cannot skip breakfast (I really need to stop talking about food, I sound like a heifer.) I don’t know how people don’t eat until lunchtime, I’d die. Yes, Fast Sunday is pretty hard for me. And I always have to have Orange Juice with breakfast.
13. I would love to have a little “poof” in my hair but my hair will never cooperate. I think I’m going to cheat and get the “Bump-It.”
14. I tend to fall for infomercials (see #13) so I try not to watch them too often. I bought Core Secrets and never opened the box except to get a picture of Brooke Burke to show what color of hair I wanted. I really want the Magic Bullet and I know there is some cool pan/pot out there. I don’t remember why it’s so cool, but I want it.
15. I can count on one hand the amount of U2 songs that I remotely like. U2 drives me crazy and I think they are incredibly overrated (their new song is on the radio right now and I want to shoot myself.)
16. My personal slogan for the first year that I went to BYU was “I WAS smart…and then I went to BYU.” Thankfully I got college down my second year.
17. My mind often goes blank while I am talking and cannot think of the simplest words or sometimes even make coherent sentences without some extra thought, especially when I am around people I don’t know very well. It’s very embarrassing and I feel like an idiot.
18. I wish I had cuter handwriting.
19. Each piece of silverware has its own spot in the dishwasher. Forks go in the first box, spoons in the second, knives in the third and other various utensils in the other two. It makes for a much easier and faster time unloading.
20. I neatly fold my toilet paper before using it. I know there’s absolutely no reason for it, but it’s what I do. I also try to get only a certain amount of squares (at home when I actually have the good stuff.)
21. I am very competitive. And as much as I hate to admit it, since we’ve been together Jeremy has helped me get used to not always winning and I absolutely hate it.
22. I love sports, playing as well as watching. I even love watching tennis (Die Federer!) and golf. I often listen to Sports Talk on the ride home. I like learning sports trivia. I’m weird.
23. I love plays. I would love to go to New York and see as many plays as possible. I am so excited for Wicked in May!
24. I correct people’s grammar, especially when “good” is used instead of “well.” That really bugs me. And I really bug them when I correct them. So we’re both bugged.
25. I find patterns in numbers on license plates, addresses, etc. Example: 368. 3+3=6+2=8. Every time you add, the number you are adding gets smaller. I hate not being able to find a pattern.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I don't draw the line at breakfast!!

Amanda said...

You and your number adding and counting and pattern creating. Weirdo. :)

ali-dot-e said...

We are a lot alike! I love tennis, I was on the tennis team in HS. I get sucked into infomercials, I do have a magic bullet! The clocks on the mic and stove MUST match, and yes I totally count and fold my toilet paper. Maybe we should start a support group!

Lombardi Update said...

OK, you and Ty are so related! You should come over and see all the "handy" things he has gotten on infomercials. Also, U2, U stink. My freshman roommate always listened to them. It's just that all of their songs sound the same.

Alixa said...

So, I didnt know what a bump-it was so I looked it up. I totally want one too! Jarom said they are dumb and I cant get one. But they are so cool!