2. Thursday I played basketball again. It was a pretty exciting game, especially for church ball! We were down 11 points and thanks to some good defense and some nice shots, we won! It was awesome. And yes, I did get another battle wound. Once I got home and started making dinner, my hand absolutely killed. If I moved it one centimeter it absolutely killed. Jeremy scared me and said that I might have broken it. Luckily, it was just a major bruise.
3. Friday night we went to Home Depot to look for a paint color for our kitchen. Jeremy and I disagree a little bit about the color, but I think we might have decided on one.
4. Saturday morning Jeremy had a basketball game. The first little while it seemed a little bit like a girl’s game….2-2. But it finally got going and Willow Springs won. Seems like Willow Springs has some pretty athletic boys and girls!
5. We got home and Jeremy put up a fan that Mandy and Dave gave us months ago. We need to figure out how to make it give off more light, but it is such a better fit to our home! I am so excited!
Our old, very small and quite ugly fan.
Our new BEAUTIFUL fan. Thanks Carters!
6. After going to the temple Jeremy and I went out to dinner at Johnny Carino’s with some money given to me buy my boss as a thank you for some extra work. The food was really yummy but mine was a bit cold and our service was lacking. I think the only reason our waitress was our waitress was because she realized nobody had helped us yet. And I believe my food was cold because they accidentally gave it to the table next to us and then just brought it over to me when Jeremy’s was ready. I definitely have to say that Macaroni Grill is better.
7. We all know that Sunday was the Super Bowl. Well, on our way to our party we were driving on a very long stretch of a rural type road. Well, we are driving and all of a sudden we see this deer jump over a cement barrier. Jeremy swerved a little bit and the deer pretty much landed on the side of our car. It was so scary, I screamed and both our hearts were beating a thousand times a minute. If it weren’t for that barrier I think the damage to the deer (who just ran off after the collision) and our car would have been much worse. Whew!
8. Well, as most of you know, Jeremy and I have a pretty big TV…and my parents don’t. SO, Jeremy and I took it to their house to watch the big game. Oh, it was so nice! And I am pretty sure the rest of my family enjoyed it to.
9. Along with a Super Bowl party, we also celebrated the January and February birthdays. We opened presents and then ate LOTS of food (as always at the Lombardi house). Then we watched the big game. And although the wrong team won, it was a very exciting game.
I made Jeremy his favorite dip because he hasn't had it for forever. It gets baked in bread and this is the awesome bread Jeremy found.
And the final product. Obviously the bread was not big enough to hold all the dip, but even though it didn't look great it sure tasted yummy!
10. I swear everybody on the road had it out for me on Monday. I think I almost died three times, and none of them were my fault. Twice people (boys) didn’t check their blind spots and being inches from sideswiping me and the other a girl not seeing me right there when she turned. I was a very paranoid driver.
3 comments:
1. Yay Willow Springs basketball! I am jealous--but the elbows in church ball are just not worth losing a baby over, if ya know what I mean!
2. I want to know what the special dip is made of!
3. What color did you decide to paint your kitchen? I am going to pick up paint for ours and the front bedroom today. Our kitchen is red and tan and I am just buying more red for that, and then I'm going to do the bedroom cream and apple green (it's gonna be a nursery/office.)
4. Oh, and the deer! When I was driving home to Canada one winter a deer TOTALLY ran right in front of us on the freeway and freaked the pants off of me (not literally--sorry for the image)! Anyway, I slowed and swerved just enough that it just ticked the corner of the car with it's back hoof--fyush! But very, very freaky. I am so paranoid of that happening out here! Glad you survived it. :)
I never saw the dip with the top on. Cute bread!! Where did you get it?
And the important thing that you failed to mention regarding the deer accident is that your tv is ok!
I think I remember you mentioning you had slight road rage of sorts. Me too. That's why we're friends.
I miss you. When are you coming to live next door to me?
Did the deer hurt your car? More importantly, did you follow the deer to make sure it was happy and safe?
Post a Comment