Okay, not so popular, but a few people have asked about our Ten on Tuesdays, so I'm bringing it back. I know that I'm a bit long-winded when I write and don't have nearly enough pictures, but I'll do it anyway!
So, here's your Ten on Tuesday (as usual, it's a LONG one!)
1. Wednesday I had Activity Days. My partner talked about tithing and then we had them decorate some cute little boxes to be their “piggy banks.” The girls really enjoyed it. My partner had decorated one of the boxes herself as an example, and it turned out that we had quite a few girls show up and were one box short; so one of the girls gladly (bribing them with an extra treat seemed to do the trick) volunteered to take the pre-decorated one.
2. Thursday was Jeremy’s birthday. I got up early and made waffles from scratch (as in I didn’t use a mix. I know, I went ALL out.)
3. I usually take Jeremy out to lunch on his birthday, but because of his school schedule he can’t leave for lunch. So instead I took one of Costco’s heavenly chocolate cakes to his work. YUMMY.
4. I made homemade Mac and Cheese with blueberry muffins for dinner. I really wish I had something else to make for him, but for some reason it’s his favorite. Then Jeremy left me to go play basketball. (I know, rude.) So I……..
5. Went to the Stake Center before the Stake Championship game to be there for our ward’s SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD. Yes, that is right, my ward got an award for good sportsmanship (and I tell you, HALF of my team is VERY vocal). I believe the certificate said something along the lines of us being an “outstanding example of Christ-like behavior.” We actually got it for playing EVERYONE, no matter the skill level or how close the game was.
6. Friday night my mom threw a surprise party for my dad to celebrate his 65th birthday. (His birthday is the day before Jeremy’s.) He was very surprised when friends started showing up. I was so happy with the turnout. My dad is an amazing guy and it was awesome to see so many people come to help him celebrate.
7. Saturday Jeremy and I woke up bright and early (7:00 is WAY too early for a Saturday) to drive up to South Jordan and take part in Lifetime Fitness’ (the gym I fell in love with, in case you didn’t remember.) Friends and Family Weekend. Jeremy played racquetball with my brothers and I did a Barbell class with some sisters. Boy was I sore the next few days! Afterwards, instead of working out longer (which I was thinking about but Jeremy wasn’t too keen on), we went and watched Norah play soccer. Or, as Jeremy and Koy call it, Bee Soccer (it’s like watching a swarm of bees traveling together, following the ball.) But it was very cute. I am just sad that we couldn’t watch Leona.
8. Later that day we went to the movie Taken. I really enjoyed it. It was very intense. I believe Jeremy said it was good but with a shrug of the shoulders.
9. I went to the last half of my stake’s Relief Society birthday celebration. Jenny Phillips, a Deseret Book recording artist, came and sang and talked. I really like her voice, but I have to confess that she’s not the most exciting/interesting speaker to listen to.
10. Afterwards Jeremy and I watched another of our edited movies (which we paid for, Terry), Reign Over Me. SO good. I really really liked it.
11. (I’m doing more than 10 because I figure I’ll try to make up for the all weeks we didn’t do it ;).) Sunday we had the family party for March birthdays…at our house! It was a bit nice not having to drive! I reserved our clubhouse so we had a huge room. We had a baked potato bar, salads, and banana splits for dessert.
12. And I was finally able to give Jeremy the present I’ve been planning/working on for the last few months. I got him a Canon Powershot SX 10 IS camera. When we were looking at cameras before he loved this one, but we were looking for a smaller and much cheaper, camera. But, with the help of his parents (thank you SO much) and mine, I was able to buy it. Hopefully, pics/video of him opening it are on the way. I warn you though, he is not the most animated gift-receiver.
3 years ago
3 comments:
So glad that ten on Tuesday is back
You are so cute! I love your weekly update. Even if there isn't a lot of pictures. You'll have such a great journal!!
You are such a good wife...to make anything from "scratch" is a real pain, so way to go girl! Jeremy is one lucky guy!
Yeah, I am glad that the ten is back. I was really missing it, although I really enjoy all the other things you post on your blog. I am now looking forward to some pictures from the new camera, Jeremy!! Soon I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment