I hate cars. Other than the fact that they get us from point A to point B, I see nothing good about them. They just take our money without giving anything back. And it seems that I never have any sort of luck with them. My car isn’t a lemon or anything, but lately it is requiring a bit more maintenance than I prefer. We got the brakes replaced in our Oldsmobile in January, and last week the low coolant light came on. Well, I don’t trust myself to do car stuff myself, and Jeremy’s schedule doesn’t really allow for visits to places during office hours. So I just kept driving it, and last night that came to bite me in the butt. I drove to my parent’s house yesterday after work because I was going to go Lifetime Fitness to do a class with my sisters. As I pulled out of the driveway my sister noticed that my car was leaking, and as I was driving those 4 miles I watched my temperature gauge keep rising. I was at a stop light and the needle hit the “H,” the light came on, and my car started clicking. AHH! Luckily Misti was just barely ahead of me so I called her and told her to wait for me because there was no way I was driving my car any further. So after the class I went to the store, bought some water, put some in, tried to check and see if it was still leaking, then drove it to my parent’s house and left it there overnight. We took it in this morning to get checked. Luckily I didn’t ruin the transmission, but it still cost $100. And I just noticed that my rock chip has turned into a crack. All this after getting pulled over on my way to work for improper passing. No tickets for 7 years and then “BAM!” 2 in 6 months. Grr.
And to top it off, the Honda is starting to act its age. It’s a great car, but it is 16 years old. Apparently it is shaking when it’s stopped and feels like it’s going to turn itself off. I can see it being a several hundred dollar, if not more, expense. I just hate it! I guess it’s a good thing we decided not to go to Hawaii.
On a better note, I LOVED the Dance Jam class last night. We were required to let ourselves GO. It was a lot of fun and I think I fell in love with that gym. It is just so nice and well taken care of, unlike Gold’s Gym. I have been jaded with Gold’s for quite awhile and there is no way that I am renewing my membership in a few months. So who knows, maybe I’ll become a Lifetime member soon!
3 years ago
4 comments:
Then you could work out at lunch and go home right after work. How cool would that be?
And what did you to do pass improperly? That sounds like a ticket that would tick me off.
You know Hawaii would be worth every dollar you spent!
I hear you! I just bought new tires for the Lexus this week totalling 700.00 and then it needed a new battery 2 days later- add another 100.00. And my Montero will currently not produce air conditioning this summer until I replace a 700.00 (without installation feas) AC Clutch into it! They're money pits, but the sure are nice to have! I hope you had a nice birthday dinner tonight and the car deal didn't spoil your weekend!
I'm right there with ya girl...cars...you can't live without em, yet they are such a pain sometimes! We drive really old cars because we do take Hawaii trips...and I gotta agree with Laura...it is worth every penny...even if it means driving an old car! Memories are priceless!
Best of luck on the repairs..:)
Post a Comment