I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Every Christmas Eve, amidst some fun and games and lots of food, we have a spiritual thought to remind us of what we are really celebrating. Trista was in charge of it this year and she shared a quote by President Hinckley that I just loved. To me, it was very profound. And although the best time to share it has probably passed, I am still going to.

"There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter." 



If Christ hadn't lived his perfect life, loved us all, atoned for our sins, died on the cross and been resurrected, we would have absolutely no reason to celebrate his birth. What an amazing way to think of it. We not only celebrate Jesus' birth, we celebrate our SAVIOR'S birth. Thank you Trista for sharing that.

No comments: