I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Natural at the Spotlight–Logan’s 1st Birthday

We celebrated Logan’s birthday on the 21st, because it was Friday and was just a better day for everyone that was planning on coming. Jeremy’s parents drove up to be here for it which meant a lot to us. Logan is a whole lot NOT like his parents in the fact that he LOVED being the center of attention. HE ATE IT UP. Clapping all the time and giving everybody huge smiles. He was the perfect birthday boy. I had a hard time with him turning one, but his reaction to it all made it a bit easier.

I spent forever trying to figure out what cake to make, and decided on this Elmo cake because he loves Elmo.IMG_1858IMG_1855IMG_1864

I also made him his own cake. Once I figured out how to do it on the big one, it wasn’t too bad. The sucky part is coloring the frosting.IMG_1865IMG_1869

Jeremy’s parents bought some great balloons and “1st Birthday” decorations.IMG_1874IMG_1881
IMG_1882

He LOVED playing with the balloons. I love how the camera caught the movement of the balloon.IMG_1903IMG_4299

I’m pretty sure Trina would be a little unhappy if I didn’t post this.
 IMG_1895

The typical spread of food at a Lombardi function. Four different types of Lasagnas, homemade breadsticks, and salad.IMG_1910

His reaction to presents was a whole lot different than that of Christmas. Maybe it was because it was all about him?
IMG_1922
IMG_1925IMG_4338


So excited to get his cake!IMG_1934
Don’t you just love where Jeremy put the candle?
 IMG_1940

He wasn’t loving the cake part at first and wanted to get out (probably because Trista tried to push his head down into it. Can’t imagine why he didn’t like that.) But once he got a taste of it he changed his mind. Smile
IMG_1949IMG_4371IMG_4379IMG_4382
IMG_4384

He loved playing in a full sized bathtub. Unfortunately, it was cut short when he pulled the plug out. How I just love that cute little bum!IMG_1970

Playing with his new toys. We about quadrupled his amount of toys with his Christmas and Birthday presents. He’s in heaven.IMG_4389IMG_4394
We just love this little guy.

3 comments:

Laura Cates said...

I'm so impressed with your cake Cameo! It's so cute!

Trista said...

You are going to treasure those pictures forever! He was absolutely adorable that night.

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Wow, that year went by fast! I love the cake, you did a GREAT job! Logan is stinking adorable too, I can't even stand it!