The Salt Lake Marathon was on Saturday, and I finished! I know I said on Friday that I didn't really have a goal time, but apparently that wasn't completely true because I was pretty upset/disappointed nearing the end and at the end of the marathon with my pace and time. But, I am getting over that a little bit and realizing more what I accomplished. And, if the number of marathoners the announcer said there were before the race started was correct, about 700+ didn't finish, so I should be pretty proud. And I am!!! And it was awesome that Jeremy was so good to be at about every 3 miles to cheer me on, and I saw my parents, my sister, brother, sister-in-law and nieces several times, and the rest of my family at least once (thanks Grandpa for getting up so early to see me!) What an amazing family I have! Also, thank you Koy and Cassie and Misti and my mom for the awesome gift basket/pedicure/cd's and Julie for the card and Gina and Sara for the sign. You all are awesome!
Where's Cameo? Can you find me at the starting line?

Me at my house before leaving for the marathon. This was about 6:00 in the a.m.

Me at the starting line...really nervous and wondering what I had gotten myself into.

The fast people...

At some point in the marathon. I had my cell phone, a Cliff Bar, kleenex and Chapstick in my pocket, thus the big lump on my leg and my pants hanging a bit on the right side.

The awesome sign that Gina and Sara made for me and my awesome
family cheering me on. This was at mile 20.

Me crossing mile 16 (backwards for pictures sake, which apparently Jeremy didn't want me to do.)

Me (and Jeremy) crossing the finish line. By that point I was so tired of being on my feet and moving, I ran faster the last little bit, enough that I made Jeremy actually have to RUN.

Me with my medal!

Hope you weren't bored with all of that. Despite my somewhat bad attitude at the end, it was an awesome day and experience!
2 comments:
I'm really proud of you--that you set a goal to accomplish something and DID it. Way to go. You have inspired me and many others to want to do the same.
Cameo, that's totally awesome! I'm totally inspired and way jealous of how in shape you are. That's great, don't downplay what a huge accomplishment that is. Seriously, way to go! Don't know that I could ever do a marathon, but you've got me thinking I should bump myself up a notch in my running routine. Wow.
Post a Comment