1. The four day work week was so nice last week!
2. I did Turbo Jam for the first time on Friday (thanks Misti!). It is fun, and I do kind of feel like a dork when I do it (I’m not extremely coordinated), but it was HARD. It’s nice to switch it up from the cardio machines at the gym.
3. I read a draft of Midnight Sun on Friday and Saturday, since Stephenie Meyer posted it on her website because it is now “on hold indefinitely.” I wasn’t going to read it, but then my friend said that by the time she does finish it, if she ever does, it will be years, so why not? So I did, and now I am ten times sadder than I was at first that she isn’t finishing it. L
4. The fluorescent lights in our kitchen stopped working, so we went to Home Depot to buy more. They still didn’t work, so we are thinking it is probably the ballast. Anybody know how hard it would be for us to switch it to a regular, non-fluorescent light? I think I would much prefer that!
5. Saturday night we watched Casino Royale. It had been awhile since we’d watched it; great movie and can’t wait for the next one!
6. Sunday was a regional stake conference, so we went to our ward and got to hear President Ballard and President Uchtdorf speak.
7. We grilled some chicken Sunday night; Jeremy decided we need to use our grill more often (especially before it gets too cold) and we would love yummy recipes!
8. United 93 was on TV Sunday night and we watched it. I know that I didn’t quite grasp what it all really meant 7 years ago, but I was bawling like a baby when I watched that movie. I know that most of it wasn’t entirely correct because no one who was on that plane survived and could say exactly how it happened, but it still did happen and it was very sad to watch.
9. We paid tuition, all I have to say to that is YUCK! It gets more expensive every semester.
10. Yesterday was Jeremy’s first Monday of school which makes Mondays that much harder for him.
3 years ago
2 comments:
I replaced the flourescent lighting fixture in my family's kitchen this summer. Depending on the fixture, it can be more cost-effective to just replace the whole fixture rather than messing with the ballast. It is not a complicated procedure - even a non-handy man like me was able to finish it in an hour or so. I'd recommend looking at how much time/money it would take to replace just the ballast and weigh that against replacing the whole fixture. Call me if you need help.
I have a good pork chop and corn/mango salsa recipe. Reming me, and I'll email it to you.
Post a Comment