Sorry guys, we forgot our camera for pretty much everything that happened this week, so sorry! No pictures!
1. Jeremy started school on Wednesday. He was not looking forward to it at all. But he likes his classes, which is good. He’s got a killer one, anatomy. He didn’t get home until 10:30 Wednesday night because his anatomy lab goes until 10:00. I will not be seeing him at all Mondays and Wednesdays and I am pretty sad about it. I do have a question and I really really would like your suggestions. On those nights when he is gone so late, what can he take with him for dinner? It can’t need to be refrigerated but he does have access to a microwave. Please help so he doesn’t starve or have to buy dinner so often!!!
2. Friday we both skipped work so we could go to a wedding and luncheon. I went to school with Jeremy because he had to go to his class and I sat outside and read. I already knew that I miss school, but actually being at a school just intensified that. It's so sad that I miss it and he hates it but he’s the one that needs to go.
3. The wedding was for his old roommate and our friend Davey (and fellow BSB fan). It was my first wedding (besides my own, of course.) It was great to hear the ordinances again. When Davey walked in he had the biggest smile on his face and he couldn’t stop, it was awesome. After all was said and done, the sealer said that they were husband and wife or something like that and they gave each other a high five. They are a fun couple.
4. While we waited for the luncheon, my nerdy self decided that we should go to the library that was right by where the lunch was. I hadn’t been in a library for ages and I loved it! Next time I will have my list of books I want to read handy. Yes, I am that big of a nerd. That night we went to the reception and waited in line forever and ate really yummy chocolate covered strawberries.
5. Saturday morning was our 3rd Annual Lombardi Cheapskate Half Marathon! I did not feel good when I woke up and was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to participate, but all was well. I walked the 13.1 miles with Gina and my dad. I felt a little disappointed in myself since I had run a marathon only 4 months ago, but I seriously haven’t really run since then so I was in no shape to run 13 miles. Plus it was a lot of fun to spend the three+ hours with them. Jeremy was the water boy at the 4.5 and 11.5 mile water-stops. For pictures, you can click on various blogs of my family members over there on the right.
6. Later that day we went to the movie Traitor. It was good but I did kind of have a hard time staying awake because I was so tired.
7. Sunday morning Jeremy had to get up bright and early (again) to go to the bishopric meeting. I can now tell you that he is the Ward Membership Clerk. The bishopric meeting was a one-time thing I think, but he gets to take attendance every Sunday and transfer in and out the membership records (we have a lot of turnover in our ward.)
8. When we walked into church the first counselor grabbed us and gave me my new calling…Activity Days Leader. I am glad that I get to go to Relief Society now but for the moment we still haven’t been released from teaching, so we’ll see when that happens.
9. Sunday night we went down to Salt Lake to serve dinner at the Ronald McDonald House. Misti has a main service she does every month and we got to help her this time with other people in our family. It was a lot of fun; I liked knowing I was helping to make their lives just a little bit easier…and I also got to eat in the meantime! Thanks Misti for being such a good example of serving others! Again, for pictures you can click on Misti’s blog over there on the right side.
10. Since yesterday was Labor Day, we had no work which meant a four day weekend!!! We finally slept in, cleaned a bit, then went to my parent’s house for a little BBQ. Among eating we threw a football around (the men had throwing and kicking contests, Jeremy ROCKED at throwing, he estimates a 55 or so yard throw) and we jump roped. I know it sounds a bit weird, but it was fun. We jump roped to the playground songs (i.e. “Teddy Bear Teddy Bear, turn around” and etc.) and had a little jump-roping round robin. Good exercise that was. I did bruise my heel though and am having a hard time walking normally.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment