1. Tuesday night we had our first Activity Days activity. It was just a simple getting to know you activity; we asked the girls to make collages (we made some too.) Some of the kids didn’t make collages but came anyway, I was so glad! It was fun enough. I do need some ideas as to what to do to entertain the girls while we are waiting for everyone to come (one of the girls came 15 minutes early, and it was my first time so I didn’t know her at all! It was a bit awkward cuz you all know I’m not the most outgoing person.)
2. I have rediscovered the crock pot…it is an amazing thing! At the end is a simple recipe I made Tuesday night; it cooked during the activity and was ready by the time Jeremy came home from work. Thanks Misti for the recipe!
3. Wednesday night I went to the circus with the majority of my family (extended included) thanks to my Grandpa who wanted to take us all. I know I’m all grown up, but it was awesome! I, too, though felt bad for the animals; that’s not what they’re for. But the elephant doing the handstand was pretty awesome. Jeremy had class so he couldn’t go. Don’t feel bad for him though; he wasn’t too sad about missing it.
4. Thursday night I played volleyball again, and again we played another Willow Springs ward team. We won this time, though. Yea!
5. Friday night we went over to Trista and Terry’s for dinner and games. It’s always a good time to spend time with the fam!
6. Saturday morning Jeremy played on the ward Flag Football team (which they did not inform the Primary teachers about so Jeremy didn’t know about it until last Sunday.) Our team lost pretty badly, but he had fun. I will try to remember to take the camera next time.
7. Saturday night I drove up to Herriman to go to the Relief Society broadcast with my sisters. Cassie’s stake had it catered by Kneaders. They didn’t plan for enough food (luckily we got some right before it ran out) but it was YUMMY. I love soup bowls!
8. Afterwards we played Mad Gab. Apparently I am not very good at reading when I play that game and I got laughed at a lot. Oh well, at least I made it fun!
9. Sunday night I made some peach cobbler with the few peaches I had left. It was YUMMY. You guys want another recipe? (Sorry Ben, I know you love those.) Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the process like Cassie does....
10. Jeremy lost again at Fantasy. 2-2. Hopefully next week will be better!
NACHO CHICKEN AND RICE WRAPS
2 cans Cheddar Cheese Soup
2. I have rediscovered the crock pot…it is an amazing thing! At the end is a simple recipe I made Tuesday night; it cooked during the activity and was ready by the time Jeremy came home from work. Thanks Misti for the recipe!
3. Wednesday night I went to the circus with the majority of my family (extended included) thanks to my Grandpa who wanted to take us all. I know I’m all grown up, but it was awesome! I, too, though felt bad for the animals; that’s not what they’re for. But the elephant doing the handstand was pretty awesome. Jeremy had class so he couldn’t go. Don’t feel bad for him though; he wasn’t too sad about missing it.
4. Thursday night I played volleyball again, and again we played another Willow Springs ward team. We won this time, though. Yea!
5. Friday night we went over to Trista and Terry’s for dinner and games. It’s always a good time to spend time with the fam!
6. Saturday morning Jeremy played on the ward Flag Football team (which they did not inform the Primary teachers about so Jeremy didn’t know about it until last Sunday.) Our team lost pretty badly, but he had fun. I will try to remember to take the camera next time.
7. Saturday night I drove up to Herriman to go to the Relief Society broadcast with my sisters. Cassie’s stake had it catered by Kneaders. They didn’t plan for enough food (luckily we got some right before it ran out) but it was YUMMY. I love soup bowls!
8. Afterwards we played Mad Gab. Apparently I am not very good at reading when I play that game and I got laughed at a lot. Oh well, at least I made it fun!
9. Sunday night I made some peach cobbler with the few peaches I had left. It was YUMMY. You guys want another recipe? (Sorry Ben, I know you love those.) Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the process like Cassie does....
10. Jeremy lost again at Fantasy. 2-2. Hopefully next week will be better!
NACHO CHICKEN AND RICE WRAPS
2 cans Cheddar Cheese Soup
1¼ cup white rice, uncooked
1 cup water
1 cup water
2 lbs. chicken, cut into cubes
2 cups Chunky Salsa
2 cups Chunky Salsa
10 flour tortillas
Mix all but tortillas in crock pot. Cover and cook on high low 7-8 hours (high 4 to 5) or until chicken is cooked. Spoon into warmed tortilla and enjoy! (I halved it for the two of us and it needed to cook on high for only about 2 to 2½ hours.)
PEACH COBBLER
3 cups sliced peaches
Mix all but tortillas in crock pot. Cover and cook on high low 7-8 hours (high 4 to 5) or until chicken is cooked. Spoon into warmed tortilla and enjoy! (I halved it for the two of us and it needed to cook on high for only about 2 to 2½ hours.)
PEACH COBBLER
3 cups sliced peaches
½ tsp salt
1 T lemon juice
1 T lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
6 T melted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
6 T melted butter
Place peaches on bottome of a 10x9 pan, sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir dry ingredients together (I added some cinnamon), add egg. Mix until crumbly then sprinkle over peaches. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned. And of course, serve with vanilla ice cream!
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! And I swear by the crockpot--especially with both of you working. It's a marvelous invention.
And it's TERRIBLE they didn't tell the primary about the flag football team. Somebody should step in and stop that insanity!
Hey Friend!! i found your blog from facebook, I hope you don't mind!! Sorry I missed Volleyball, It looked like I was greatly missed--yeah right! Anyway, have a great day!!
Umm.. yeah, of course the crockpot rules. Where have you been?
Post a Comment