I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Let's see...Thursday I played another volleyball game, and we got ANNHILATED. Oh well, it was still kind of fun to play.
2. Friday night we went to Wingers for dinner. I thought there was a deal going on that wasn't, it was pretty disappointing. On top of that, I tried something new that was pretty bad. Oh well.
3. We then went to Eagle Eye. There are a lot of movies out there we want to see, so we might be going to movies a lot in the next little while. Eagle Eye was very good and very intense. I didn't think the end would end the way movies usually do. I won't tell you if it did or not.
4. On Wednesday, and then on Saturday morning while watching Conference, I started to spray paint our doorknobs, trying to get them from brass to a dark very dull brown. Unfortunately, we've gotten two different paints that aren't what we wanted. We finally asked somebody whose already done it what they used, so hopefully that project will be done shortly! I am so excited!
5. We watched Conference on Saturday and Sunday. I love listening to our leaders speak! Holland's even had Jeremy crying (me too, but that's not unusual.)
6. Saturday night while Jeremy went to Priesthood session I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I made a little more than half of the batter and this is what I ended up with. (Okay, never mind, picture's not uploading, but it was a LOT, like over 75). YUMMY!
7. Sunday we went to my parents house after the morning session for some sloppy joes. My mom usually goes all out (too much work, probably) for our lunch/dinner between sessions, but my parents are on a service mission volunteering at the Conference Center, so we decided to have a more simple dinner.
8. I made my Activities Day girls a "General Conference Bingo" board with the promise of a prize for whoever got all the words covered and called me first. I had six girls call me, some when it was over and they didn't get all their words covered. I was very happy that it turned out and that they listened to Conference. The board had 25 words and when the word was said, they covered it up with a Skittle, which I gave them. It's something I remember doing my whole life and I thought they might enjoy it. But I still don't know what to get for the prizes (of course, everyone will get something! (but the first girl's will be a bit bigger/better)
9. Jeremy was very seriously thinking about trying out for the UVU Volleyball team. Even though he is already pressed for time, he wanted to have something that he actually enjoyed doing. Tryouts were yesterday, and unfortunately he didn't go, he is too busy. I hope he'll have time to do it next year (which will hopefully be his last chance, i.e. he'll be done with school.)
10. We've procrastinated when it came to investing/money growing, and let me say that right now I am pretty happy that we have.
11. We bought Iron Man and watched it Saturday night. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it is AWESOME!

3 comments:

Trista said...

Yes, it's a good thing you didn't listen to me about the 401(k) thing. ;)

ali-dot-e said...

Maybe Jeremy should do a practice with us to try and help our team, okay mostly me, out. It is embarassing!!

Courtney said...

IronMan eh? Maybe we'll watch that tonight...