***Disclaimer 1: I do not want to be a boy. I very much enjoy being a girl.
***Disclaimer 2: No part of the below post is in any way meant to be a complaint against Jeremy. I’ve told you all how much he does for me. These are just some thoughts that ran through my head.
I don’t know why, but the other day I was thinking about how much easier my life would be if I were(was?) a boy.
-I might actually be to work on time. Maybe 20 minutes to get ready. Rather than the hour or so it takes me on wash-the-hair-days to dry and straighten my hair and put makeup on. Plus, not as much thought put into what to actually wear. Okay, I’d probably still be late because I’d probably just sleep in later, but still…
-I wouldn’t have to worry or try to figure out during the day what to make for dinner. Or feel guilty if I don’t make dinner.
-I wouldn’t have to come home from work/gym and get straight to cooking. Because sometimes I’m home for an hour before I even get to sit down.
-I would consider the kitchen cleaned when the dishes were in the dishwasher. Who cares how dirty the counter or stove is?
-I wouldn’t worry about what my house looks like when someone unexpectedly knocks on the door.
-It would take me only 2 minutes to get ready for bed rather than 10.
-I wouldn’t go through toilet paper so quickly. My bathroom always needs a refill way more than his does.
-Life would just be cheaper (you know what I mean… :D)
3 years ago
5 comments:
I totally understand about the dishes. the Stove and counters only get wiped if I do the dishes.
AMEN SISTER!!
Wow. I never thought about the thinking about dinner all day thing. SO TRUE! And I hate it! I need to be better about preplanning the meals, and then I wouldn't have that hanging over my head I guess. But if I were a boy... :)
However, if you knew my husband, you would know that the "getting ready" bit would be longer for him, so... :)
Josh can never figure out why I start freaking out when he calls me on his way home from work and says, "Hey Travis and his friend are coming home with me. Is there anything to eat?" Meanwhile, I'm shoving dishes in the dishwasher, digging through the fridge in attempts to create a meal out of thin air, and rushing to pull my greasy hair into a ponytail. He can't understand why any of that is a big deal. So I know what you're talking about.
Amen, AMEN! To EVERYTHING! Not to slam the hubbies, of course, but...geez oh man! It even takes me 5-10 min to change clothes & pull my hair back & shave if I need to for the gym! Girl bodies require so much more MAINTENANCE! It's true.
Also, don't feel guilty about not always making dinners. We are workin' girls, sista, & our boys betta appreciate! :)
Post a Comment