I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Sorry we missed last week! I completely forgot about it and then never got around to it! Maybe I’ll combine the two…

1. Two weekends ago Jeremy and I went to a Grizzlies game (the minor league for hockey) with Dave and Laura. We got killed, and most of the fun came from talking to them and singing along with the entertainment between periods. Afterwards we went to Iceberg. Their Peanut Butter Cup shake is to die for.

2. The next day we drove to North Salt Lake for my cousin’s wedding. It was very pretty and the food was yummy. Congrats TJ (even though I know you don’t read this.) Oh, and I’ll share this little story for memory’s sake. He has a little girl who was going to be the flower girl. Well, when it came time for her to walk down the aisle with her flowers, she didn’t want to. She was fighting Todd, her uncle, about getting up and then they were kind of fighting over the basket. Eventually, to get things going, Todd just grabbed the basket and dropped the petals on the ground himself. Classic.

3. We also listened to/watched Conference that weekend. I always look forward to Conference, I love hearing what our leaders and prophets have to say. I especially loved Elder Holland’s talk (as I am sure most of you did, as well) about Christ. I became very emotional while listening to him talk about the pain and loneliness Christ suffered; for us, for me. It was a beautiful talk and I am glad that it is being shared by so many on Facebook and their blogs.

4. Last Wednesday I had another Activity Days activity. Jess shared a little bit about why we celebrate Easter and then we decorated Easter Eggs. I love coloring eggs! We decided that at our next activity there will be NO treats. The girls are constantly counting how many girls there are and how many cookies/brownies/cupcakes there are and figuring out how many each can have (while not listening to our lessons.) And then when we say they can only have one or two, they constantly ask for more or use their “little sister/brother” as an excuse to take some more home. Honestly. I know they eat. A few activities ago one even came back a half hour later to Jess’ with her sister for some more. NOT gonna happen again. I also had to deal with an MP3 player last week too and ask her to put it away a few times. Gotta love it.

5. Friday we went to Home Depot and got some paint, which matches our front room, so that I could paint the hallway! Yea!!!

6. Saturday Jeremy went down to UVU to work on a Research Paper while I stayed home to paint. Jeremy was also able to go visit with his extended family in Provo for some Easter fun. I wish I could have been there, he said he had fun.

7. I painted our hallway all by myself! I even did most of the taping, too. I was very proud of myself. I am a pretty messy painter, though; definitely need drop cloths when I’m the one painting!

8. I also made Jeremy was nice enough to watch Twilight with me on Saturday. He didn’t love it. And I was hoping to like it more the second time since I knew what to expect, but that didn’t quite happen, either.

9. Sunday we went to my parent’s house for Easter. We helped the kids find Easter Eggs, ate a yummy dinner, had a great lesson on the Resurrection by Ben, and then ate the traditional Easter Bunny cake. And it was a beautiful day outside. I love Easter.

10. We watched 24 on Monday… I definitely did not expect what happened. It was tense, very tense. A few times that night Jeremy had to deal with me yelling randomly “Freakin’ Tony!”

I have a few pictures of our new hallway and from Easter, but they are on a different computer, so I will work on getting those posted later.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like fun couple of weeks. I have to laugh about the activity day girls..not because it's funny, but because some things never change! I think it would be a good lesson for the girls not to have a treat for a while! Or better yet, tell them their treat is to make dinner for their families that night for dinner...now that's a treat! (for Mom anyway!)

I can't wait to see the pictures of the freshly painted hallway. I'm sure it looks amazing. You are Mrs. Home Makeover!

Lara said...

You forgot the most important thing: You gave me a ride home on Sunday.

Just kidding.

But really Elder Hollands talk was insanely good. I can't imagine anyone not being moved by it. Loved conference. Wish we had it more often!

24 is above and beyond. This season is outright ridiculous. I LOVE it.

Julie/Mom said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your hallway. And I agree, 24 is very intense to watch especially with all the new twists and turns it is taking.