Again, this will be the last two weeks combined.
1. The Wednesday before last we went to a Utah Flash playoff game. The Flash is the D-League of the NBA. It was actually a lot of fun. We were there with Trina and Pace and the family of someone that Jeremy works with. The drive home was awesome, too. A complete standstill for 20-30 minutes. SWEET!
2. The weekend before last Jeremy and I babysat Koy and Cassie’s kids while they were away having fun on a cruise (not fair!) We got three of the four kids Friday night, got Anthony Saturday night, and babysat until late Sunday night. The kids were good, but going from 0 – 4 kids in one turn is a little overwhelming! Thankfully we stayed at their house which has a lot more room.
3. That Saturday was the Salt Lake Marathon. Misti ran it this year so we drove up to Salt Lake to see her. She did great! I was a little jealous; yes, it’s a very painful and miserable time, but at the same time it’s totally awesome! That is three years in a row now that the Salt Lake Marathon has been graced with the presence of a Lombardi or two!
4. At the end of the marathon we were taking pictures and talking. Well, the Army had a hummer sitting there that kids could (I don’t know if that is what it was there for, but they sure were using it that way) play in. Well, we are standing there and all of a sudden we hear this loud noise and Leona had pushed a button/flipped a switch and had started it! Oops! She was extremely embarrassed. The men found it funny and told her that it was okay and even gave her some pens and stuff, but she wanted nothing to do with it. She didn’t want us to tell her parents and she didn’t want to take the pens home. Poor girl. It was hilarious, though.
5. Later that day, Gina and Ben went to look at houses and they dropped off THEIR three kids. Yea! Six kids! They did bring pizza home though, which made dinner easy.
6. We asked the kids if they wanted to go to their church or ours. They chose ours, so we headed to Eagle Mountain bright and early Sunday morning. They did really well in their new classes and we didn’t see them until church was over. When it was time for naps, we let Leona stay up but on the one condition that she didn’t talk to me or Jeremy. It sounds mean, I know, but we needed a bit of a break. She actually did really well coloring and reading on her own until I told her to come sit with me and we had some one on one time.
7. Before bed we made signs to welcome home Mom and Dad. They had tons of fun making them. I am also very proud of us that the TV was watched by the kids for only 30 minutes both days. Go us!
8. Last week was Jeremy’s last week of school for the semester! I am so excited! He has one final on Thursday and is taking an online class during the summer, but other than that we are school free for a few months! I am excited for him to get a break.
9. Tuesday I left work early because I was not feeling well. I had a really sore throat and body aches. I felt much better after sleeping for a few hours and just resting. Jeremy was sweet enough to make dinner, too. I went to work again on Wednesday and by the end of the day my voice was a little raspy.
10. Thursday morning I woke up and had absolutely no voice. When I talked it was barely a whisper. I decided not to go to work and let my voice rest. I felt a little guilty because I didn’t feel sick at all, but when I went to work on Friday, still with no voice, I decided it was a good idea. With what I do at work, people come to me a lot needing information and stuff, and I had to at least try to talk, so my voice didn’t get much rest. It was a hard day. Here's a fun little fact for you, the last time I lost my voice was the day after my wedding, when we drove to San Diego. Ha ha, that was a fun 13 hour drive for Jeremy!
11. Jeremy had a review session Friday night, so after work Trina and I went to the movie 17 Again. (A movie is a good way to pass time when you can’t talk!) It was a little silly but I really enjoyed it. I have to admit, I now have a bit of a crush on Zac Efron. He is good lookin’! When Jeremy got home we watched I Am Legend.
12. Saturday I woke up with about half of a voice. YEA! By that time I’d take anything; I was getting extremely frustrated. Anyway, Jeremy is a little weird and actually likes to watch the 20 hour long, 2 day NFL Draft. So he watched that a bit on Saturday, I did a little bit of cleaning (my bathroom had been neglected for far too long), and then we went to the movie State of Play. It was very very good, I recommend it. Afterwards we went to Pier 49 and had the Lombard (BBQ Chicken) pizza. YUMMY.
13. Sunday we had Stake Conference. Elder Hales was our speaker! It was very good. We got to the church at around 9:30 and it was PACKED. When I went to the bathroom in the middle of it the foyer and half of the classrooms were full of people just listening. Crazy. The rest of the day was spent Home Teaching (for Jeremy), resting, watching more of the draft (for Jeremy), reading, etc. I love lazy days!
14. I NOW HAVE A VOICE!
I will have some pictures posted sometime this week of our crazy babysitting weekend, the Flash Game, and etc. I know you all are dying to see them!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Do you ever think about this time last year and how you were getting ready for Cancun? Sigh, a vacation sure sounds good right now.
I don't know what the proper english is in this case, but it is my opinion that all teams should be plural, as in the Heat are, the Jazz are, the Flash are, etc... But technically speaking, I think you did it correctly.
Post a Comment