So, my sister-in-law sometimes does this thing on her blog called “Good Mail”. I didn’t think I’d ever do it because all of our mail is ads and bills. But the other day I got a letter from myself…five years ago. Apparently one of my teachers (I am guessing Seminary, I don’t remember) my Senior year had the class write letters to ourselves of how we thought our lives should/would be in five years and then had it mailed it to us after that five years. It was kind of fun to read, and since it’s not too personal, I'll let you read it if you want:
October 2, 2002
Cameo,
When you are 22/23, you should have graduated from college. You should be married (although not totally up to you) to someone in the LDS temple. You should have found yourself; be able to act yourself around everyone and anyone.
But, before all of this, you want to have graduated from Jordan High School with a 4.0 GPA, perhaps a Valedictorian, perhaps not. You should have had a great senior year, full of new and lifetime friends. The most important thing is to know yourself and be yourself around your friends and peers. (present-day Cameo now talking: I sense a little pattern there.)
Stand up for your beliefs. Don’t betray yourself to please others. Stay faithful!
Cameo Ann Lombardi
3 years ago
2 comments:
That is a great letter. You have been able to accomplish most that. I am not sure if you know yourself or not though! Really when do we ever always know ourselves - but I think that you are pretty wonderful.
How fun! We should all write a letter to ourselves a year from now and have a family member mail it. So, are you able to be yourself around your family and peers--since apparently that was important to you?
Post a Comment