I have been thinking about this for a while and I just want to thank my parents for getting me involved with sports at a young age. Something that I have learned in school is that a lot of what you do and enjoy comes from your parents. Your abilities, both mentally and athletically are for the most part passed on down. So if you are really good at something that your parents are not you are in a way a “Freak” (My Motor Development Professor called me this once, trying to be funny) Anyway, I am grateful that I started playing sports at a young age. This is not me trying to say how awesome I am or anything like that, but I have always been a pretty decent athlete and have been able to learn and become pretty good at a lot of different sports. I am not the strongest, fastest, jump the highest person out there but I can hold my own. I am glad that I am a “Freak” and that I can do the things I try to do (athletically speaking). I am sorry if I spend a lot of my time playing and watching sports, but I enjoy it and I always will. I would also like to thank Cameo for allowing me to watch sports and go play them too. She is great and very supportive with the things I like to do.
3 years ago
4 comments:
Sometimes I think I may be a little too supportive...
We have always loved watching Jeremy play his sports. I guess he is a "Freak" because neither one of us (mom or dad) are very athletic so it is nice to have a talented son who enjoys trying new things and enjoys it. Are you going to run a marathon with Cameo the next time? hahaha
By the way where is your 10 on Tuesday?
so how come I never get to see you play any of these sports?
I think Jeremy is a very talented athlete. He was never the "star" (except maybe in Volleyball)But I have always felt that he truly came to understand the game completely and that always made him a better player on the team. It also makes me believe that he would be an awesome coach someday because of that understanding.
Post a Comment