1. I found out that I can push myself and motivate myself to do something, even if it’s really hard. For 4 months I sacrificed and made time to train for a marathon. AND THEN I DID IT! I finished the Salt Lake Marathon in April. I’m not a lover of running, nor do I think I ever will be, and I think that fact alone made it even more remarkable that I was able to do it. Yea me!

2. Jeremy and I went to Cancun with Trista and Terry in May. A whole week of R&R was just what the doctor ordered (he actually ordered like a whole month, but we’ll take what we can get.) The ocean was gorgeous and the resort was beautiful (and I got really tan). It was one of the best weeks of our lives.
3. We flew out to California in April to be a part of Aidan’s blessing (the first grandchild on the Bell side.) It was a fun weekend, and we learned the rules about liquids on carry-ons the hard way.

4. We were able to work bit by bit to make our house a home. We still have two “junk” rooms and I’ve still got a list of things I want to do to our house, but there is a lot more décor and more personal touches to it. I love our condo and will be very sad when we have to leave it.

5. Jeremy and I are no longer primary teachers! We loved the kids we taught, but after two years we were ready for a change of scenery. And (some of) the kids still smile big and wave when they see us, I love it. We really were horrible teachers, I don't know why they liked us so much.
6. We experienced the joys of living out in the boondocks (although I don’t think it’s that far out there) during a winter storm. We got to know Smith’s very well in February, along with hundreds of other people, while waiting hours to find out if the roads to our house would ever open.

7. In April I was able to spend a weekend with all of the adult girls in the family up in Lava Hot Springs. We pretty much did nothing but sit around and talk, play games, sit in the hot springs, watch movies and eat. It was awesome.

8. And in October Jeremy went to Moab with all the guys in the family for some slick rock mountain biking. They all enjoyed it.

9. Jeremy did a lot of golfing this summer and I think he has improved his game quite a bit. I am glad he has found a hobby he likes so much and friends to do it with.

10. We went to Bear Lake with our friends Laura and Dave and met up with Terri and Dave for a fun, but cold, day of water sports. Jeremy and I also used our tent for the first time because we camped overnight.
11. We had our second anniversary and spent it in Las Vegas and St. George.

12. We went to California for Christmas for a week and had loads of fun. Pictures of that are still to come.

All in all 2008 was a great year for us! We’ve been very blessed with good jobs, wonderful friends and most importantly amazing family. Thank you to all of you for helping make our lives so great.
Now, on to 2009! We don’t have a ton planned this year, but we are looking forward to a wedding in July and WICKED in May! I am so excited! Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Sounds like a successful year at the Bell home. Way to go on the marathon! Wow! I'm so impressed! And your condo looks super cute! (again, can you come over here and spread the love?) I'm so glad you guys are able to have so much fun just the two of you! Enjoy every minute! Happy 2009!!!
I love this post. What a great idea. It looks like you guys had a full and gratifying year. You guys make a great couple and hopefully we'll see you again soon! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment