1. Friday night was a stay-at-home-and-do-nothing night. I did make dinner, which doesn’t happen a lot on Fridays! We also watched Atonement. We bought it from an edited place and of course with about 10 minutes left it froze up and wouldn’t play any longer. Luckily, they have awesome customer service and we are getting two free replacement DVDs (one of which is a new Atonement.) Oh, and I found out that I only remember about 50% of what I read, and apparently I don’t remember the ending AT ALL.
2. Saturday we cleaned up a bit.
3. Jeremy also helped set up for a ward Soup ‘n Swap that our ward had. It’s where people bring old stuff you’d maybe normally take to the DI and take it to the wardhouse for a free-for-all!
4. Jeremy and I went (possibly our first ward party that we’ve attended) and I made another yummy soup, White Chicken Chili. We also got a water purifier and Mad Gab during the swap.
5. Afterwards Nat & Joe and Mandy & Dave came over for some good talking and games. We watched the Jazz lose, played Phase 10 and Mad Gab, and just had fun talking. It was nice to hang out with them especially since I haven’t seen them in forever.
6. We saw the movie Seven Pounds. I never really knew what it was about, but it was SO good.
7. I attempted to make cinnamon rolls using my bread maker. They weren’t horrible, but I want my mom’s!
8. We stayed up until 1 am to watch Federer lose in a 5 set match…okay, he won, but I was so crossing my fingers for Berdych! Needless to say, we were very tired and 9 o’clock church came too early. (We did go, though, that sounded like we didn’t.)
9. I did quite a bit of work outside of work on Thursday. But I took a little break to play ward basketball. You’ve got to love church ball, and we all know it’s not church ball without some battle wounds, right? I got a big scratch on my chin, but unfortunately it isn’t very photographic.
10. Well, I’ve been thinking for a LONG time for something else to write, but I’ve got nothing. So have a good week!
3 years ago
4 comments:
So how did you determine you only remember 50% of what you read?
I'm so proud of you for making cinnamon rolls! Yes, you need a bosch. That is what I have and I honestly do not fathom how people endeavor bread without one. True magicians.
Cameo has to read a book several times to remember what happens. I would say 50% is a good number
Have Jeremy call Alpine Fitness and apply for an internship there. He would be like a personal trainer and would work with the PT to get a lot of hands on experience. I guess it's a really good internship. It's unpaid for 200 hours, but he's almost sure to get a job there after that. And according to the director, those who have done this internship are really at an advantage when it comes to hands on skills. Tell Jeremy to call and apply. He just needs to send his resume and the hours he'd be available to work to Marci at marci@alpinefitness.com.
Post a Comment