I love our TV. And I’ll admit, I watch it too much. We both do. I’ve thought about putting a limit on hours watched per day for us like parents have to do for their kids who without that limit would just sit and watch it all day. Pathetic? Yes. And I know it is. I know quite a few people who don’t have TV at all and sometimes I wish I was them. But then, there really are a few shows that are inspirational and totally worth watching. One of those shows is the Biggest Loser. Sometimes I feel like I sound like a commercial on here, and I know I’ve talked about the Biggest Loser several times. But it’s an awesome show. Yes, there is game play and you know some of the things are set up, but can you tell me of another show that would have you in tears two weeks in a row? (I know, some would say Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. And that is included as one of the few I mentioned.) The people on this show have literally put their lives in danger by the way they live. I know I have a sweet tooth, but these people eat gallons of ice cream and bags of chips and boxes of donuts in one sitting. Some of the contestants have added 15+ years to their life and they have multiple health problems because of their weight. And by the end of the show, most if not all of their problems are gone and they are HEALTHY people. It’s amazing. By the end of Tuesday’s episode, tears were falling down my face. Easily the two people who needed to be on the show the MOST were in the bottom and one would be going home. One was a 62 year old man who collapsed during his first workout which many of us would think was a joke (the workout, I mean). And the other was a teenage boy who has never known anything other than being obese and never would unless he stayed. Well, the old man went home (and I realize that my dad is older than him, so he’s not that old, but he walked like an 80+ year old man) and HE’S LOST 80 POUNDS since, after only two weeks of being with Jillian. It’s just amazing. I love this show.
Tell me this, though. How can I sit and watch that WHILE eating cookie dough, Oreos, and fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies? Yep, that is what I did as I sat and watched The Biggest Loser. What is wrong with me? I have lost all control. But, instead of just saying the Biggest Loser is inspiring, I will let it actually BE inspiring and practice some self-discipline. (I can say that now that our cookie dough is finally gone.)
3 years ago
10 comments:
It is my fault you are eating cookies during the show. The show makes me hungry.
Maybe you feel like I do. "Man, I'm glad I'm not 500 pounds. And since I'm not 500 pounds, I can afford to indulge!" Yup. It is an amazing show and I always want to hug the contestants, and tell them what an awesome job they're doing. It's amazing because bad habits are so hard to change. And developing good ones are so hard to keep. Why is that?
I think you secretly want to be on the show :). Remember, you want that makeover!!!
I'm jealous- I want tv! We ended it when Mike started school last semester (financial reasons and it helps him study...yada yada yada) I love Biggest Loser. I never download it- I should. I'm just lazy.
I think it's hilarious you eat cookies during it- I use to and I know a lot of people that do! I wonder what it is?! At least you run it off:)
Hey! I just found your blog and now I can learn all that I've ever wanted to know without YOU knowing! (And now you know you should be afraid of me) Thanks for the comment. I remember seeing your spotlight in the ward newsletter awhile back and that you liked games and then here I read it again. We should play games sometime. I'm a little obsessed (along with my family), Chris isn't, but he tolerates them for me. :) Let us know when you want to come over!
I say EAT YOUR COOKIES!! Your hot! All things in moderation? Did you eat the entire bag? I think you're ok. I agree with you though, it is an awesome show...and secretly, (well I guess now I'm broadcasting it, so not so secretive) when I workout I can hear Jillians voice yelling, "COME ON!!! DON'T STOP!!!" It really does keep me moving!!
I missed the episode but I heard about it. I would love to see his after picture. I am wondering why anyone wants to be on Bob's team because Jillian kick butt! It is a great show and it should inspire all of us to get off our behinds and be active.
I don't get to watch it all that often, but when I do I always think "Man, this show is changing lives". I feel the same way you do. It's cool. Now when are they going to start up BIGGEST GAINER??
I do the exact same thing but I am usually watching the show eating chips!!
Trina and I were watching it after working out and we both had tears in our eyes. I love that show and Trina had never really watched it before.
Post a Comment