This would have actually been posted on Tuesday but the internet wasn't working.
1. First of all, I somehow forgot to mention this last week and I just want Jeremy to know how much I appreciate him. A few Fridays ago while we were at work Jeremy asked me when I wanted to take our Christmas decorations down, and I told him that weekend. Well, he got to leave a few hours before I did, and by the time I got home from work the Christmas decorations were down, our regular décor was up, and two loads of laundry were done. He's amazing. THANKS BABE!
2. School started again on Wednesday. YEAH!!! (That “yeah” was sarcastic in case you weren’t sure.) It is good though because it is a step closer to graduation. Jeremy spent over $170 at the bookstore today. On just ONE book. Ouch.
3. Friday night was spent apart. Mom had vertigo all last week and my dad had a class he had to go to at night. So I took a half day on Friday and stayed with her until about 8:30 on Friday. Luckily she is feeling about 85% better! I found out yesterday she doesn’t remember anything about last week, not the movies she/we watched, the food we ate, etc. That’s got to be a weird feeling.
4. Saturday was a BUSY day. After a little bit of house stuff, we headed out to do a little grocery shopping and such. Then we went to Body Worlds 3. It’s a pretty cool exhibit that teaches about the anatomy and a little bit of the physiology of the body…with plasticized skeletons and muscles and tissue of REAL dead people.
5. So, Friday was the next to last day Body Worlds was open. That’s what procrastination will do for you. We bought tickets on Wed or Thur for 2:30 and got there about 2:00. We got into the actual exhibit at about 4:00. By the time we got in my back was hurting a bit, but I still really enjoyed it.
6. One last thing about our experience at Body Worlds. After about an hour of standing in line, we got to a point where they had this drawing of a skeleton projected on the wall that changed poses and had a quote bubble. They had a cell number to text “dialogue” to for the skeleton. There was some funny stuff put on there, and we joined in on the fun. First with “That’s What She Said,” all the Office fans there enjoyed that. Then, even though I’m a Ute fan, we were in Ute country and people kept texting things like “Max Hall throws another interception” and 48 to 24” (the score to the BYU/Utah game.) So for fun I put “Go Cougars.” Ha ha, they didn’t like that. And lastly, I think the best one. I put “For a good time, call ###-####” with my brother’s real number. I was hoping someone would call him, but they didn’t. That was definitely the best part of the wait.
7. Afterwards we met up with our Friends Laura and Dave at the Macaroni Grill. YUMMY. Their Chicken Cannoli is delish. We then went to their house and watched some Jazz, Laura and I went grocery shopping, and then we played some games (by the way, LOVE the game Cloodle.)
8. Just want to note that I really enjoyed our Sunday School lesson. I am excited for the Doctrine and Covenants this year. I’ve always loved Joseph Smith and church history. I took The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith at BYU (yes, it was because I was following a hot guy, (I hadn’t met Jeremy yet) but it was a GREAT class, too.) and have been to Nauvoo a few times. It’s just awesome stuff.
9. We went to my cousin Taylor’s farewell as well. He gave a really good talk and the food afterwards was good, too, but I don’t know if it was worth the crowd. Dang that was a lot of people.
10. Mother Nature listened to me and it has stopped snowing! We’ve had temps in the low to upper 40’s and the ice is melting. Don’t worry, I know Utah enough to know it’s not over, but I’m enjoying it while I can.
3 years ago
2 comments:
What a sweet hubby you have! When he's finished there...I've got a couple of loads that need washing...
Sorry to hear your Mom had yet another bout with Vertigo. That poor thing!!! She's too sweet to have to get crap like that!
The body exihibit sounds cool...And I love the texting...you just never know..you're brother could still get a call.... :)
I really wanted to go see that exhibit...until I found out they were real dead people...I don't think I could handle it...Gross! I miss talking to you, are you playing Basketball? Me..no, I am a wimp. See you soon!
Post a Comment