Bright and early (9:30) Saturday morning people started showing up. There had been rain in the morning, but luckily the whole time, including the picnic afterwards, we had wonderful weather! YES!!! The plan was to start at 10:00, before the pool got too full, and we started at around 10:15, which isn't too bad. We split the kids up into three groups with three different courses; obviously the older kids got the longer course which was a 1/2 mile bike and run and two lap swim. The middle group had about a .2 mile run and bike and 1 lap swim, and the toddlers biked/scooted/were pushed around the playground once, ran around twice, and were pushed across one lap of the pool. I was a little worried about the excitement level of the participants and parents beforehand, but had no doubts afterwards. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!
The participants before the race.
Ready to start!

Here's a video of the start. Look at the concentration on those kids' faces!


Getting to the finish line!
This is what I mean when I said the toddlers were pushed. So cute!
Gotta love that smile!


Eating a healthy lunch of sandwiches, fruit and chips (k, maybe the chips aren't
so healthy...) afterwards.
After eating we came up with awards for each of the kids, which was an amazing idea, Cassie, thanks. I hope I have at least every family represented in these pictures!



Look how excited she is!

The whole group, minus Jaxon who had to leave early for basketball camp.
Chilling after the races!


It had started to get a little chilly, so we ALL went inside our little tiny condo to celebrate the June birthdays with presents and cake. 

Oops! I posted the blurry one. Sorry. The cousins love each other!
Gina and Ben and their kids stayed at our house for awhile so they could go look at houses in Eagle Mountain a little later. This picture is of the kids and Jeremy watching The Incredibles while they were out looking.
UP NEXT?... THE FOURTH ANNUAL LOMBARDI CHEAPSKATE HALF MARATHON!!! ALL ARE INVITED!
5 comments:
What fun you had! Wish we could be closer to join in on the fun!
Your tri looks like fabulous fun! What part of Eagle Mountain do you live in? I am guessing in the Ranches by the gas station. My family and I are moving out there end of summer/ early fall as soon as our home is built. Do you love it out there? I am glad to see you are doing well and are happy.
p.s. This is Ashley Cook from the high school days. I have a blog. www.xanga.com/rubymama05
You dang Lombardi's...talented, thin, gorgeous, amazing cooks, athletic AND amazing party planners! What fun!! What an awesome way to get kids excited about fitness and having fun while doing it. I'd just like to know when you're coming to my house and organizing the same thing! Only the most amazing Aunt (you of course) could come up with such summer fun!! You're awesome Cam! Love ya!
I want to do the half marathon! When is it? Let me know, if that's okay with your family!
how precious is that? What a cute idea and you can totally tell that the kids just loved it! How fun.
Hey, I just got put in achievement days. You need to send me your ideas from your activities. Take care.
Post a Comment