I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ten

1. Obviously, the big thing this week was the triathlon, which turned out to be a big hit. I loved it and am so glad everybody could make it. THANKS!
2. Wednesday night I went to Enrichment. A lady from the houseoforder.com came and taught us about organizing our homes and lives. She gave us some great ideas. I thought it would end up being like after conference or something; totally gun-ho about it for a few days and then it dies down. But I can say that my house has stayed clean for a whole week... YEA!!! Much thanks to my husband.
3. Thursday night Trina and I left work early and met Misti at the Kelly Clarkson concert...which was outside. I went to two Walmarts on the way there to buy a poncho because the last two weeks have been crazy and rainy, but both were completely out. I was not a happy camper. So, after waiting about two hours for Kelly to come out (I'll be honest, I was about ready to leave before she even came out after sitting on cold, wet grass and it starting an hour and a half late.) But, once she came out I was more than glad that I stayed. I LOVE her music. Sadly, she only sang two songs from my fav CD, though. And yes, it did start raining about the second she came out and oh how I wished I'd had a poncho.
4. We were blessed with a double rainbow though, which was beautiful. We could see both ends and everything.
5. Something that did help the time pass a little while waiting for her to come out was watching people walk, or try to walk, down the hill on the wet, slippery grass. We saw a lot of people slide onto their butt and possibly ruin their pants. Sometimes it was sad, sometimes it was HI-LARIOUS. It was pretty good entertainment.
6. Jeremy usually gets to leave work a little early on Friday because he'll already have his 40 hours in. I ended up staying at work until 6:00 so I didn't get home until quite late, and when I got home he had cleaned most of the house. His bathroom, the front room, our bedroom and our two spare rooms which I before had labeled "junk rooms." They are junk rooms no more! I don't even recognize my own house! I was so happy. THANKS BABE! And the best is that they are still clean!
7. Saturday night we had a BBQ with the Swenson's, a family we've known forever and where we've all had our wedding receptions. I don't know what it is, but I love homemade hamburgers. YUMMY. It was a lot of fun, if a bit cold.
8. Jeremy was able to go golfing yesterday with my dad and Koy. He was very happy with how well he played...he WON! He says if he could just improve his putting he'd be very good.
9. On Thursday night Jeremy has to call and see if he has to show up for jury duty on Friday. He is stoked. Luckily if he does end up having to go, they plan on the trial lasting only a day. He's hoping that if he does have to go it's not something "lame" like my trial last year was.
10. If he doesn't have to go I think we'll FINALLY make it to the Manti Pageant on Friday. I've been wanting to go since we started dating but we have always missed it. We'd love to go with someone other than just us, so let us know if you'd like to join us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That triathlon sure is a clever idea! we did a mini-olympics up at our family cabin a couple years back & the kids loved it.

i'm so jealous you went to the kelly clarkson concert! that sounded so fun. too bad about this dratted rain, tho. and good for Jeremy for being such a helpful huz & treating you right. Good man. :)

Erin said...

I need a personal lesson in getting organized and then STAYING organized. I'm pretty good at cleaning up...it seems to only last a few hours and then it's all ruined. I may have to come over and you can teach me all your new skills!

Seeing Kelly sounds like fun...except the rain. So which was more entertaining, Kelly or the people slipping on the grass?? :) Glad you guys had fun!