It has been a tough year for the 49ers, and as you read below you will see that I was not happy seeing them lose yesterday. They had a few chances at the end of the game and could not get the touchdown. I don't get to watch many of their games here in utah, and there are a couple of things I learned from last night's game. First, the 49ers have a lot of good players. I know people would not agree with me, but they have plenty of talent to win games and the new coach Mike Singletarry is making them a different team; he is making them into a tougher team which is how to win in the NFL. Just look at the Giants and the Titans, the 2 best teams in the league. They both play hard-nose football and win a lot of games. However, there is a major issue with the 49ers that do not allow them to win games. What is it? QUARTERBACKS!!!!!!!! They are horrible!!!!. Alex Smith, the number 1 draft pick a few years ago, is on Injured Reserve and was way overrated coming out of Utah(sorry Utah fans, but he was). He is not who I would want leading my NFL team.
So the coach made a choice to start J.T. O'Sullivan. He did not have any starting experience but was chosen and looked like he might be a good quarterback. There was just one problem, okay, a few. He had 18 turnovers in 7 1/2 games and was sacked 32 times in those games and it was because he was holding the ball too long.
So when the coach changed so did the quarterback. Shaun Hill is the new quarterback. The thing I noticed with him is that he did not get sacked in his first start and he made some good touch throws for touchdowns. But I do see some problems; he has a weak arm, his throws do not have much zip, and he would have been intercepted 3 times in the game if not for a penalty on one against the defense. All in all, the quarterback outlook does not look promising. As long as one of those guys are playing quarterback the 49ers will not win very many games.


2 comments:
totally know nothing about football, but feel your pain in every word.
AAAMMENNNNN!!!, JEREMY SPEAKS TRUTH AND IS WISE BEYOND HIS YEARS!! DUDE, FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS THE NINERS ARNT ON THE RISE...GO BACK TO YOUR LOCAL CHINESE TAKE OUT, GRAB SOME FORTUNE COOKIES AND GET A NEW FORTUNE, BECAUSE ONCE THE NINERS SETTLE THE QB POSITION ITS...OVER! IT COULD ALREADY BE IN THE MAKING, 35-16 OVER THE RAMS BABY!! JER...NICE POST! LENO
Post a Comment