I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who would have thought doorknobs could make such a difference?

First of all, doesn't my new background make me look so cute and artsy and stuff? Like they say, looks can be deceiving. But I love it. It will probably be changing quite often. There are tons like it here.

Now, to business. Yea!!! We finally did it! We finally got the right paint and painted our doorknobs. The kind-of-warm weather yesterday made it possible. The whole process wasn't long; it took probably less than an hour to do it all: unscrew the doorknobs, prime and paint them. The part we are not looking forward to is painting the hinges and having to take the doors off. That will definitely be more of a project. We found out that we are not the best spray-painters and will have to put another coat on them probably next weekend (which means we will be doorknobless for a week, we just put the one back on a door to take a picture) because we missed so many spots. I tell you, it's hard to get paint on the bottom part of the knob!

This is what they looked like before.
Jeremy didn't want to inhale the fumes.... This is the kind of paint you want.
After priming them. Notice Jeremy's genius idea for getting the knobs to stay upright. It's a Cheerios box.
Here I am painting...and missing a bunch of spots.
And the finished product! So much better! (Don't mind the brass thing-a-ma-jig on the right, obviously still needs to be painted.)

Thanks to Lori for giving us the idea and Tasia for telling us which paint to use. We love them!

5 comments:

Trista said...

I REALLY like them!

Trista said...

Jeremy,
I am so impressed that you are so willing to do the things that Cameo wants to do or was it your idea? If so, I am even more impressed. Cameo, great idea. It looks good. When you are through with the projects at your home, you can come over and help me with mine.

Erin said...

Awesome! They look so good! Are you for hire? I have 13 doors so that's 26 knobs and then the hinges and kick plates for all... :)
You guys are awesome! Way to go getting all Home Depotish!

ali-dot-e said...

Brilliant idea with the cheerio box! The knobs look great!

Lombardi Update said...

Who knew you could paint doorknobs, they look great.