1. Wednesday night I had Activity Days. I had the biggest turnout yet (8 girls and 1 little sister). They all came dressed up, as was I, and we played some Halloween games: Guess the Pumpkin’s Weight, Eyeball Bounce, Pin the Wart on the Witch’s Nose (with bubble gum) and Bobbing for Apples. Two of the Primary Presidency showed up for awhile, too. The kids had a lot of fun. I am trying to decide if I should make a blog (protected, of course) for Activity Days. With pictures, birthdays, activities to come, etc. What do you think?
2. Thursday night was our last “regular season” volleyball game. My mom and Misti came to support me, which was nice because Jeremy couldn’t be there (I wouldn’t be too surprised if he would rather be at school studying than at those games.) We followed the pattern we’ve had all year, win the first game pretty easily and then lose the second and third games. Oh well. Apparently we did win 2 tournament games on Saturday (more than the rest of the year). Go Team!
3. Friday was of course Halloween. I am on the “Party Planning Committee” at work (there are only two of us.) We didn’t have party, but we did decorate our kitchen pretty well and had a Costume contest and what turned out to be a buffet. It was fun to see people all dressed, even Keith joined in the festivities. Pictures are to come (once you e-mail them to me, Trina!)
4. Jeremy spent Halloween night studying at home, so to avoid being a distraction to him I went to my parents’ house and went trick-or-treating with kids (I was Sabrina’s fill-in mom) and had our traditional lasagna and breadsticks. It was fun, but I did miss Jeremy a lot.
5. Saturday morning was my nephew, Ethan’s, baptism! Jeremy couldn’t be there (taking his test), but everybody else was there. I can’t believe he is 8, it’s crazy. Congrats Ethan!
6. Saturday was also Trina’s birthday. So after the baptism and luncheon, I went to High School Musical 3 with my mom, Trina and Misti, and my dad. And I’ll admit; I loved it! It was obviously cheesy, but it was cute. I think for sure the best one. Zac Efron is kind of a hottie.
7. I also got an oil-change on my car for the first time. Like I’ve said in previous posts, I make Jeremy do that kind of stuff. It was kind of confusing, I don’t know what kind of oil I want!
8. Saturday night to celebrate Jeremy’s test being over we went to Texas Roadhouse. YUMMY. We invited Laura and Dave who couldn’t, actually WOULDN’T come. I love that place. Afterwards we went to their house and chatted and helped them assemble some new Ikea furniture.
9. Sunday was Ethan’s confirmation. Afterwards we celebrated late October/early November birthdays. And Jeremy was able to come. YEA!!!
10. I voted this morning! It was my first time ever voting. The whole thing, line and all, took me only about 30 minutes. I was glad to do my civic duty. And I am so glad it's all over, I am tired of all of the commercials and news and articles.
3 years ago
3 comments:
Amen on it finally being over! And as for the activity days blog, I would ask the parents what they think. Because if the girls aren't going to be allowed to look at it or whatever, then it's probably not worth your time. But how fun for you!
You and Phyllis probably would make a great team!
I think the blog thing would be GREAT as long as the parents are okay with it. That way they can see what their girls are doing and will know what's coming up.
Post a Comment