I'M BUSY LIVING IN A PERFECT DAY
-Lady Antebellum

Thursday, November 20, 2008

BYU vs UTAH










Well, the big game, the great rivalry, the “Holy War” is on Saturday, and I CANNOT wait! (Am I really going to miss the end because of some little movie coming out this weekend? not 100% sure it’s worth it...) I am foolishly confident that Utah will pull through, but I usually am when it comes to the team I want and often times it doesn’t work out that way (like the last two years)…. But I think Utah has something to prove after those last two losses, and they've got a BCS bid on the line. Anyway, people never understand how it is that I am a Ute fan when I attended BYU. “You HAVE to cheer for the school you go to.” I heard that a LOT. But hey, I grew up a Ute fan and after 18 years the fact that I took classes at BYU for a few years isn’t going to change that. Plus, although I loved my time at BYU and I made some great friends there, I did have to hear about being a “Utah Mormon” more often than I liked (see a previous post to find out how I feel about that term), and even though I chose to go to BYU, the U apparently wanted me as a student more (why I turned down a 4 year Presidential Scholarship, I don’t really know; Jeremy maybe?). So, I just have two words:
GO UTES! Kick some trash! Blow ‘em out so I don’t even have to worry about missing the end of the game because it won’t even matter!










6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Can I say 4th and 18 and also Beck to Harline!!! GO Cougs!!!!!!!! Utes are choke artist and BYU will pull off the win at the end.

cameo said...

Not this year, buddy. They haven't choked yet. Remember TCU? Air Force? Oregon State? Those are all 4th Quarter wins, and against good teams. That's right. Don't plan on that this year...

Kristin Hanson said...

People say the same thing about my support of BYU. Yeah, I'm an Aggie, but that doesn't mean I have to root for them.

Kerri said...

Go BYU!!!! You can do it again.

Unknown said...

I feel you on the "Utah Mormon" thing. Last time I heard it I had to seriously grab my hair to stop myself throwing a punch. Anywho...how come I don't remember you being such a hardcore Ute fan? Easy there! I've got my own issues w/ the rivalry, too. I posted about it a couple months ago and I must say, that picture you used looks pretty familiar... :)

Courtney said...

*sigh* I wish I cared one way or another... a little team spirit might do me good.