It was an extremely busy last few weeks. Here is a little (okay, maybe not so little) rundown of it. I PROMISE, I will post pictures. I know blogs really aren't much fun without them, unless you're a great writer and story teller, which I am not.
1. Last Wednesday night something really weird and scary happened. I was asleep in bed and all of a sudden woke up because my bed was shaking. I look over and see Jeremy’s whole body, from head to toe, shaking. I have never seen a seizure, but that is what I thought it was. The next thing I know, he falls off of the bed, flat on his back. I think that is about when he woke up and then he seemed really disoriented for a few seconds. I think it was just a really vivid nightmare (he said he thought hundreds of spiders were falling on him and he was trying to shake them off) but no one wants to wake up to see their husband shaking like that. It pretty much scared the crap out of me.
2. Thursday night I slept over at Koy and Cassie’s so that I could watch their kids Friday morning. For the past few years Koy has been a doctor at the marathon. Cassie likes to see all the runners and keep Koy company, so I watched their kids so they could both go.
3. Then I headed to the tent to help out for the 24th. It was a very hot day, but it wasn’t too bad. I headed home a little early because Jeremy’s sister and her family were spending the weekend at our house. So I went home and spent some time visiting with them.
4. Saturday we all went shopping together to find cute new outfits for the wedding the next week. Then we went to lunch at one of my favorite places, Zupa’s. Later that night his parents came over and we went swimming at our pool, then to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
5. I couldn’t eat with them because I had to leave to go to a Secondhand Serenade concert with Pace and Trina. I was pretty unhappy about having to leave, especially when I found out that there were 3 opening acts. But it was fun and great weather and good music. Once it got dark, we could see CONSTANT lightning coming from every which way. It was some awesome stuff.
6. Sunday we went to church in Provo with Jeremy’s parents, siblings, and grandparents. His dad wanted us all to go to church together. Afterwards they had a big family gathering with aunts and uncles. It was pretty fun.
7. Monday was our only day of work for the week. We spent Monday night getting ready for our vacation; packing and doing laundry and all that fun stuff.
8. Tuesday morning we went up to Snowbird with my family. My parents wanted to thank all of us for our help with the tent and treated the family to an unlimited activity pass. We did the Alpine Slide, Zipline, mechanical bull, bungee trampoline, took a tram up to the top of the mountain, mountain climbed, etc. It was lots of fun.
9. We left early to catch our plane to Denver for Corey’s, Jeremy’s brother, wedding. Thanks Laura for taking us to the airport! Everything with the flight went smoothly and we made it to Denver safely Tuesday night.
10. Wednesday we ran around with Jeremy’s parents and sister at the mall and store. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. YUM. I didn’t love my Cheesesteak Sandwich (wouldn’t recommend it) but I won’t let that stop me from continuing to go there. My recommendation: Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake. HEAVENLY.
11. The wedding rehearsal was later that night. Then we went to Yoli’s, the fiance, house for dinner with her family.
12. Thursday was the wedding. It was very pretty and beautiful weather, even though the night and morning before weren’t very promising. It was a very pretty garden wedding and yummy dinner afterwards. Her wedding dress was GORGEOUS, and Corey cried pretty much from the moment he saw her walk out until the ceremony was over. So cute! The ceremony really was very good.
13. One word can sum up Thursday (besides the wedding): FOOD. Too much of it in too little time. 10:30-11:00: breakfast at IHOP (our Continental Breakfast at the hotel was pretty much dreadful.) 12:00-1:00: lunch at Red Robin with the family including aunts and uncles and cousins (we weren’t made aware of this plan before walking to IHOP), 4:00-5:00: dinner at the wedding including a chocolate fountain for dessert. Needless to say, I was stuffed and felt pretty disgusting and more of a heifer than I had already been feeling. At least most of it was really yummy!
14. Friday morning Jeremy’s aunt and uncle were nice enough to drop us off at the airport. We were there around 3½ hours early. I finished my second of three books for the week that day, the bulk of it at the airport while Jeremy did I don’t know what. Again, thank you Laura for picking us up and sorry we were late! (The three books I read this week: Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin -easy read, cute book with interesting concept; The Partner by John Grisham- what can I say? John Grisham is great; the last chapter was an unexpected and sad twist; and The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright- I really liked this book. The guy wrote his wife EVERY Wednesday throughout their whole 40ish year marriage. What a great, and sometimes romantic, way to keep a personal history. And yes, there was more to the story than that, and it was good.)
15. Friday night we had dinner with some friends. Natalie and Joe are moving to Missouri this week and we wanted to have one last get together before they headed out. So we, Nat and Joe, Mandy and Dave and Laura and Dave met up for dinner and swimming. It was so much fun! I've said it before, but I was incredibly blessed with such awesome roommates my freshman year of college.
16. Saturday morning we got up bright and early to drive to Idaho for the baby blessing of Nathan, Terri and Dave's baby (I know, we know a lot of Dave's.) We got there around 12:30 and chilled with the family a bit.
17. We then went boating with Terri and Dave and Kerri and Adam. Jeremy did really well and got up on the wake skate, this was his first time trying. It was a lot of fun and probably the most relaxing part of the week for me. I just sat on the boat and enjoyed my first real time in the sun this summer.
18. Sunday was the baby blessing. I absolutely love baby blessings; they are just so sweet and promising. This can be a scary world we bring these children into. Afterwards there was a lunch with the family. In between the blessing and lunch Jeremy and I played Guitar Hero. I did beat him on a few songs. Sweet. That might be the next thing on my wish list.
19. It was great to be able to spend so much time with his family. We drove home Sunday night and went to bed pretty early on OUR BED!!! I definitely take that for granted. I love our bed.
20. We had also taken Monday off and slept in a bit, cleaned up our mess from the vacation, and went bowling. I am getting worse as I get older. I am very far from the 183 I got my sophomore year of college. I guess I need to go more!
21. And back to work today. It pretty much sucked.
3 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, you have been busy. Where do I even start? All I can say is, I agree with you about coming home to one's own bed. Being busy with vacations and what not is all fun, but it's definitely nice when you finally get some down time.
Post a Comment