3 years ago
Monday, August 31, 2009
Smoothies
I want to start having a healthier treat at night. Usually, it consists of a bowl of ice cream (what else?), but that's not exactly all that good for me or little baby Bell. I want to start making fruit smoothies. If anyone out there has some good recipes, please share! You are probably thinking, "Just throw some fruit, milk/juice and yogurt in a blender." I know, but I'm one that relies on recipes. So again, if you have any, please share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We use one cup frozen strawberries, 3/4 cup milk, one small container of strawberry yogurt, and one banana. My kids love it and I like it, too. It just might do for your sweet craving.
1 cup any fresh fruit, 1 cup skim milk, as much ice as you want, some splenda, and the secret ingredient nonfat powdered coffee creamer. Low cal and makes the smoothie smoothier. Also, check out hungrygirl.com and type in smoothies or shakes, we are making a knock off of the jack in the box and it has 1/10 of the calories that the JAck in the box shake has, yummo.
Healthy shmealthy...eat your ice cream girl! It's the one time you have an excuse to eat whatever!
P.S. The baby needs the calcium and Vitamin D from your ice cream.
Hey! I'm a blog lurker. Congrats on being preggo! Here is a good smoothie recipe:
1 cup frozen berries (can be raspberries, strawberries, whatever)
1 full banana (sliced into blender)
2 packets of splenda
Blend.
Enjoy.
It's delicious and SUPER healthy!
ok, some people can eat whatever they want and I had one girl tell me the same thing and I regretted it all four pregnancies, but do whatever you want every body is different. Here is another fantastic and I mean the best ever chocolate shake I've ever had, no kidding, at least homemade. You get Dreyers 1/2 the fat Double Churn any choclate flavor ice cream and add about 3/4 cup of ice cream, 8 ounces of skim milk or water or mix it, I prefer mixing the water and milk, 2 tablespoons of Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup, one packet of 25 claorie Nestle hot cocoa mix, and 1-2 cups of ice, I also add a couple of dashes of fat free coffee, mate, mix well and ENJOY the whole thing is just one serving so you don't even have to share with Jeremy if you don't want to and not feel like a glutton after. I believe the whole thing comes out to 175-200 calories and it totally tastes like a frosty. And if you don't want to make it, come on over I would be happy to make it for you.
Post a Comment